The Self Servo-Write Development Group at TAEC is responsible for developing innovative SSW process technology and integrating these processes into new Toshiba HDD production. The ideal candidate for this position will have a distinguished record of implementing leading edge SSW technologies to improve SSW process quality and throughput in the HDD factory environment.
- Conceive, implement, demonstrate, and debug innovative SSW process technologies in a collaborative team environment.
- Produce quality embedded firmware, participate in peer design reviews and provide supporting documentation of advanced SSW processes
- Communicate effectively and work closely with other remote development teams
- Support worldwide Toshiba HDD manufacturing centers to integrate leading edge SSW processes into new HDD production.
- Apply pragmatic approaches in addressing issues and influencing outcomes with counterparts in Japan and Toshiba factories worldwide
- Bachelor's in Engineering, M.S or PhD preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years of directly applicable experience in developing embedded HDD self servo-write or servo control firmware in the embedded C/C++ environment
- Comprehensive understanding of current generation HDD channel and disk controller SOC architectures
- Familiar with multi-core embedded processor systems, Matlab, Control Theory and modern HDD servo control architectures
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills and ability to manage multiple tasks/projects while maintaining strong interpersonal and communications skills in a collaborative development environment.
- Willingness to travel to factory sites to support new SSW production launch