Accountant. Job in Hillsboro WestCoast-Jobs
- Job Reference: 380958689-2
- Date Posted: 25 September 2021
- Recruiter: Umpqua Bank Corp
- Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent
Perform accounting duties in various departments. Provide, analyze, and communicate accounting information from multiple systems, reports, and processes. Prepare internal and external financial data and reporting. Prepare account reconciliations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Prepare required standard entries and complete monthly closing routines.
* Identify, research, and correct account discrepancies.
* Assist or prepare various financial, regulatory, and management reports for internal and external audiences.
* Assist or prepare audit schedules; may compile data for preparation.
* Maintain and update accounting procedures for areas/tasks of responsibility.
* Analyze data and/or situations to obtain direction/answers.
* Assist with projects and project support as directed.
* Assist with problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
* Primary focus is on daily deliverables of routine and defined outputs while at the same time utilizing knowledge of the broader context in which the work is being performed.
* Work output is thoroughly reviewed.
* Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities -- knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
* Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
* Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
* May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
* Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
* Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
* Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
* May perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Associate degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred.
* 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
* Ability to work effectively with individuals and as part of a team.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft products and/or tax software, and other business office machines.
* Good analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
* Experience, knowledge and understanding of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and internal controls.
* Ability to plan, prioritize, organize, and execute assigned tasks.
* Ability to communicate effectively, verbally, and in writing.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
* Office environment -- no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
* Occasional travel.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.