Accounting Manager/Senior Fund Accountant
Exciting opportunity to join innovative private debt/growth equity firm. Based in the firm's San Mateo (San Francisco Bay area) headquarters, the individual will work with the Chief Financial Officer and investment team to support the growth of the firm.
Investment Funds/Management Company Financials:
- Manage quarterly/annual close including preparation of financial statements and related supporting schedules including valuation.
- Work closely with fund administrator to shadow books and records.
- Prepare first draft of quarterly report to investors, and underlying support.
- Collaborate on analytical projects as requested, including complex valuations, public comparable analyses, and liquidation waterfalls.
- Collaborate with others on the team in monitoring and overseeing the collection of data from privately‐held Portfolio Companies.
- Assist with documentation of Finance policies and procedures.
- Liaise with external audit team ‐ preparation of year‐end audited financial statements and support.
- Preparation for review of year‐end audit and tax schedules and associated support.
Limited Partners/Investor Support:
- Work closely with other members of the Finance and Investor Relations team, to produce capital call/distribution allocations and Investor notice letters.
- Track and prepare Limited Partner or Portfolio Company audit confirmation requests; assist with automation of confirmation process.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license (or equivalent) preferred
- Required: 3-5+ years of In-house fund accounting experience at venture capital, private equity or private credit firm and 3+ years of professional experience in audit group at a public accounting firm or fund admin services firm.
- Flexible team player who thrives in a dynamic workplace with an established ability to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills, experience working on high performance teams.
- Excel "power‐user", familiarity with PowerPoint.