Accounts Receivable Associate
- Job Reference: 462870084-2
- Date Posted: 2 January 2022
- Recruiter: Datto Corp.
- Location: Norwalk, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent
As the world's leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
You will report to the Manager, Accounts Receivables.
Does This Describe You:
You have a passion for learning and like to take on new challenges and opportunities.
A Look Inside the Job:
* Record cash transaction Journal Entries to the General Ledger daily from bank statements
* Apply customer payments to billing sub-ledgers and reconcile sub-ledger balances to the General Ledger monthly
* Assist with maintaining Accounts Receivable balances ensuring accuracy and timely payment from partners.
* Prepare month-end reconciliations of Balance Sheet accounts
* Collaborate with billing and customer service teams to resolve customer inquiries into account statements and payment application
* Assist with ad hoc accounting tasks and analysis as required, including invoice generation, credit application, write-offs, reporting,
* Journal Entry imports and preparation of audit requests
* Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues, effectively and in a timely manner
* BS in Accounting or related field
* In depth knowledge of Accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP
* 0-3 years of progressive accounting experience in a public accounting firm or experience working for a public company.
* Experience with working in a complex ERP system; NetSuite is preferred
* Excellent communication skills: proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various level in a clear and concise manner
* Team player with a strong work ethic
* Tech savvy and MS Excel super user (candidate must be comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets)
* Strong systems orientation with a desire to drive process automation, using financial systems and tools
At Datto, we're committed to cultivating a healthy, positive and growth enabling environment. We are proud of our wide ranging benefits package which is available to all full-time employees, including:
* Comprehensive health-care benefits
* Flexible paid time off policy
* Generous paid paternal leave
* "Datto University" virtual on-boarding program
* Access to more than 5,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning
* Education reimbursement
* Employee Assistance Program
* Headspace App
* Charity match program
* A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
* Networking and career development opportunities
* And more!
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.