Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the world's best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions. If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our finance team. In this key role, the Administrative Assistant will partner and provide support for our Accounting and FP&A team.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
Knowledge of the organization. Needs to know who key personnel are, both external and internal, and understand their Managers/Directors/Teams, by extension, the organization's aims and objectives. Undertaking a variety of and business support tasks. Act as the manager's first point of contact. Carry out work on behalf of Manager/Director/Team. The primary role is to free Manager/Director/Team's time from organizing and administrative tasks so that they can spend maximum time on strategic tasks. However, other priorities of the role vary depending on factors such as seniority, workplace culture, style of executive, and even the personal qualities. Manager/Director/Team will rely heavily on you, trusting that work will be handled efficiently in their absence; discretion and confidentiality are therefore essential attributes of successful.
- Managing and scheduling complex calendars
- Effectively manage multiple managers
- Handling inquiries and requests from Team and Business partners
- Generating documents following organization standards
- Answering the phone, taking messages, and re-directing call
- Organize meetings/events and plan travel
- Using Software (MS Office 365 Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Intranet, Organization tools)
- General Administrative knowledge
- Resilience and stress tolerance
- Office coordination (e.g., budgeting, perks, parking, vehicles, and maintenance)
- Basic knowledge of office procedures, processes, and office management
- Basic technical skills (computer, software, apps, AI (application), social media, etc.)
- Interpersonal and customer service
- Proficient organizational and planning (including multitasking)
- Attention to details
- Discretion and confidentiality
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge: Some manufacturing experience preferred. Familiar with business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with HCM (e.g, Workday) or equivalent ERP product and productivity software desired. Typical Education and Experience: Associates Degree or equivalent; 3 - 5 years of related experience
To ensure compliance with applicable legal requirements in the U.S., including the federal COVID-19 vaccination mandate, all U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, subject to legally required and approved accommodations .Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day. That's why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective will help to power more victories over cancer.#TogetherWeFight