Join the Cirrus Asset Management, Inc. team leading a large retail asset located in the Northwest portion of Orange County. This critical member of the team will assist the administrative day-to-day operations comprised at this thriving retail property, with best-in-class national, regional, and local retailers that connect to their neighborhoods, communities, and customer, and both identify issues and create strategies to keep competitive with the local retail market.
The Administrative Support position supports the Retail General Manager and assists in the administrative work of a commercial real estate in accordance with Cirrus' property management agreements and underlying lease agreements. The Administrative Support is involved in all aspects of administrative, secretarial, and clerical services of the property, including data entry, work order administration, invoicing, and vendor management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for processing and coding invoices.
- Oversees rent collections and assesses late fees as needed.
- Focused and driven to meet assigned tasks, goals, and objectives.
- Proven ability to organize and utilize time management and prioritization skills to effectively manage multiple tasks in an environment with competing demands.
- Demonstrates knowledge and interest in real estate and/or retail operations, and leasing.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with Customers.
- ·Maintains Cirrus' work order system: enters and distributes service requests, and follows up with staff or vendor to ensure completion and billable work.
- Answers telephones and provides information to callers, or routes appropriately to the Retail General Manager.
- Updates tenant information database and maintain critical dates which list all tenant anniversaries, lease expirations, options, rent increase dates, etc.
- Updates Certificate of Insurance lists for tenants and vendors and requests updated certificates as required.
- Keeps up to date a weekly tracker including any major maintenance or CapEx project in progress.
- Completes monthly addition and update of key priorities and goal setting and reviews with COO, Commercial Division.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in business, real estate, or related field preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) - five (5) years of successful, progressive professional administrative experience in shopping center/retail/property/hospitality management level roles.
- Experience in Yardi and Angus is a plus.
- Ability to read, interpret, and fully understand commercial leases. In addition to abstracting leases and critical lease provisions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Strong customer service/tenant relation skills required.
- Valid driver's license and reliable, consistent form of daily transportation to and from work and properties under management
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.