In order to be considered for the position, interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to .
The ideal candidate should have a fundamental understanding of the capital markets and the ability to write timely financial-oriented pieces, including press releases, scripts, research summaries, and a variety of marketing material. This candidate should be a self-starter, capable of prioritizing and completing tasks under tight deadlines. The candidate should also excel in interpersonal communications, including but not limited to interacting with clients, investors, and other high-level executives. Along with these desired characteristics, the ideal candidate should be well-organized, highly reliable, and have great attention to detail with an outgoing, positive attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit.
This is an entry-level position (1+ years of work experience) with opportunities to progress within the firm, as well as gain critical exposure and access to certain industries in the capital markets, including both the buy-side and sell-side. While a background in finance is preferred, we are, most importantly, looking for someone who has a desire to learn and the aptitude to pick things up on the go.
To see a list of clients, please reference our website.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Translate complex ideas into compelling, sophisticated, and informative materials
- Draft, edit, and refine press releases, scripts, corporate profiles, storyboards and other communications materials
- Participate in the preparation and coordination of quarterly and annual financial reporting, press releases and earnings calls, as well as communication of other substantive company developments
- Research and prepare reports on a particular client's shareholder base, analyst consensus estimates, IR quarterly activity, roadshow/conference meeting schedules, corporate presentation slides, etc.
- Create PowerPoint presentations and pitch books by researching and collecting data relevant to client companies and their respective industries
- Monitor financial news and prepare daily or weekly morning briefings for internal and external use
- Review analyst research notes and provide summaries to clients
- Develop and maintain an overall financial communications strategy and plan for clients
- Work to develop new investor relationships and maintain existing ones for the company as well as clients, primarily by day-to-day investor outreach and correspondence
- Assisting with administrative tasks, including building templates, responding to emails, answering phone calls, data entry, and other recurring tasks as needed
Ideal candidates for this position will have:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Marketing, Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or another related field
- Minimum one-year of relevant experience in investor relations, investment analysis, capital markets, investment banking, equity research, institutional sales, journalism, creative writing, marketing or another related service
- Financial writing or creative writing program completed (a plus)
- Interest or experience in working with clients across various industries, including but not limited to consumer, technology, business & internet services, cannabis, SPACs and more
- Ability to interpret, understand and analyze corporate financial statements
- The ability to collaborate in a fast-paced team environment across multiple functional areas, management/experience levels, operating styles, and physical locations
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Maintain confidentiality with highly sensitive information
- Ability to perform diversified tasks and meet time-sensitive deadlines that require pre-planning, scheduling, and the ability to adapt and prioritize
- Strong Windows PC-based skills, particularly MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and working knowledge of ACT or other CRM software
- Competitive market salary, commensurate with related work experience, with opportunity for bonuses
- Company-sponsored cell phone plan
- Standard medical coverage available
- Simple IRA retirement plan with employer match available
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick leave
- On-site, complimentary corporate gym access
- On-site café, dry cleaners, convenience store and executive car wash
- In-office, stocked kitchen with fridge and snacks
- Centrally located office across from John Wayne Airport and near major freeway commutes
- Open, social environment (ping pong skills a plus, but not required)
In order to be considered for the position, interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to mailto:.