Animal Technician. Job in Novato WestCoast-Jobs
- Job Reference: 462850663-2
- Date Posted: 2 January 2022
- Recruiter: Buck Institute
- Location: Novato, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Science & Technology
- Job Type: Permanent
The Buck Institute is looking for an Animal Technician to work in a close-knit, team environment in an AAALAC accredited rodent facility. The Institute is committed to the well-being of its employees and provides a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. This position reports directly to the Vivarium Director.
* Provide daily husbandry care for mice and rats
* Recognize health problems occurring in animals
* Operate specialized machinery for sanitation and sterilization of caging components and related equipment
* Maintain daily environmental parameters and animal number records
* Participate in staff meeting and periodic continuing education
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
* 1+ year of relevant experience is preferred.
* AALAS coursework &/or AALAS certification is a plus.
Additional skills and qualifications
* Working knowledge of animal care regulations and The Guide for the Care & Use of Laboratory Animals preferred
* Works effectively in a team environment and is flexible
* Basic computer skills, including knowledge of e-mail applications
* Willing to work holidays and occasional weekends as needed
Our success will ultimately change healthcare. At the Buck, we aim to end the threat of age related diseases for this and future generations by bringing together the most capable and passionate scientists from a broad range of disciplines to identify and impede the ways in which we age. We are an independent, nonprofit institution located in Marin County, CA, with the goal of increasing human healthspan, or the healthy years of life. Globally recognized as the pioneer and leader in efforts to target aging-the number one risk factor for diseases including Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, cancer, macular degeneration, heart disease, and diabetes-the Buck seeks to help people live better longer.
LIVING BETTER LONGER TOGETHER
Buck Institute for Research on Aging is an equal opportunity employer. Buck Institute seeks candidates whose experience and qualifications will enable them to contribute to our dedication to diversity and excellence. We are committed to building an organization that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran's status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
To be considered, click apply to upload your CV and complete the application.