Job Family Definition:
Defines, manages, and evaluates business plans to ensure they are operationally executable against defined strategic goals. Oversees and partners with cross-functional teams to develop short-term (typically less than two years) business plans and supporting data-focused models. Prepares comprehensive implementation tactics, including execution plans, resource allocation plans, follow-up guidelines, assessment, and process accountabilities. Ensures that business activities are aligned with stated plans among different stakeholders. Sets business metrics, evaluates actual performance, and makes recommendations to business managers on performance target achievement. Develops data-focused studies to optimize resources and ensure that business plans can be translated into financial value.
Management Level Definition
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Manages large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization's long-term goals. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises their judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving goals. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
- Develops recommendation from complex data and business analysis and formulates them into business plans.
- Drives the construction of highly innovative statistical and financial models to study new aspects of business performance.
- Establishes the metrics required to measure business performance, and recommends the go-forward strategy to address performance gaps.
- Manages highly complex, time- sensitive market research projects and identifies compelling trends and opportunities for business managers.
- Staffs and manages cross- functional teams across the entire span of business planning activities.
- Drives all aspects of priority projects and makes final team choices.
- Develop business plans and proactively identify new opportunities as partners with client business managers.
- Develops and drives comprehensive business plan recommendations, based on analysis, emerging trends, and experience.
- Identifies or develops cutting- edge analytical tools, models, and methods for making key business choices.
- Counsels business managers, recommends approaches for executing high-level strategies and develops creative solutions
- Acts as point of contact from Aruba WW Channels to support distributor operations
- Manages various distributor programs including the stock rotation program
- Creates and implements operational plans for strategic initiatives, product and program launches, and policy changes
- Works closely with regional channel teams to understand issues and opportunities for improvement. Understands end-to-end distributor experience. Creates and executes plans to improve experience across processes, systems and tools
- Meets with and presents to distributors in support of regional distributor teams for new initiatives
- Works cross-functionally with sales ops, product line management, marketing and other workstreams
- Develops detailed project plans for key initiatives
Education And Experience Required
- Typically 10+ years total experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, or related functional area.
- Advanced university degree required (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent experience.
Knowledge And Skills
- Extensive knowledge of research methodology for the most difficult business issues.
- Excellent analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills.
- Ability to leverage new analytical techniques to develop creative approaches and insights.
- Extensive knowledge of how to analyze business problems using Excel, Access, statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
- Business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and influence skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including overseeing large, cross-functional initiatives that impact the organization.
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Strong management skills, including team-building, conflict resolution, and management.
- Ability to manage multiple, large, time sensitive projects or work streams.
- Ability to identify emerging trends from market and industry data, and make clear and compelling business planning recommendations.
States with Pay Range Requirement
Pursuant to legal requirements in the states listed below, the expected salary/wage range for this position in the listed states is provided below. Actual offer may vary from this range based upon geographic location, work experience, education/training, and/or skill level. Bonus, commission, and/or equity incentives may also be offered. Information about employee benefits offered can be found at .html.
Annual Salary Disclosure Applies To These States
California, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Washington
Annual Salary: $108,000.00 - $248,200.00
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to employer use of arrest and conviction records, including laws requiring employers to consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.