Company Profile:Vaxcyte, Inc. (Nasdaq: PCVX)
is a vaccine innovation company engineering high-fidelity vaccines to protect humankind from the consequences of bacterial diseases. The Company is developing broad-spectrum conjugate and novel protein vaccines to prevent or treat bacterial infectious diseases. Vaxcyte's lead candidate, VAX-24, is a 24-valent, broad-spectrum pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) being developed for the prevention of invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD). The Company is re-engineering the way highly complex immunizations are made through modern synthetic techniques, including advanced chemistry and our exclusively licensed XpressCFTM cell-free protein synthesis platform. Unlike conventional cell-based approaches, the Company's system for producing difficult-to-make proteins and antigens is intended to accelerate its ability to efficiently create and deliver high-fidelity vaccines with enhanced immunological benefits. Vaxcyte's pipeline also includes VAX-XP, a PCV with an expanded breadth of coverage of greater than 30 strains; VAX-A1, a prophylactic vaccine candidate designed to prevent Group A Strep infections; and VAX-PG, a therapeutic vaccine candidate designed to slow or stop the progression of periodontal disease. The Company is driven to eradicate or treat invasive bacterial infections, which have serious and costly health consequences when left unchecked. For more information, visit .
Vaxcyte, headquartered in San Carlos, CA, went public in June 2020 and currently has a team of approximately 150 employees and anticipates continued, significant growth. Following the October 2022 follow-on equity offering, which generated approximately $651 million in net proceeds, the Company's balance sheet is further strengthened to advance its pipeline of novel vaccines, including VAX-24. On October 24, 2022, the Company announced positive topline safety, tolerability and immunogenicity data from the Phase 1/2 proof-of-concept study evaluating VAX-24 in adults aged 18-64. The Company believes these results support a best-in-class potential for VAX-24, which was designed to replace the current standard-of-care in adults and children. VAX-24 is being investigated for the prevention of IPD, which can be most serious for infants, young children, older adults and those with immune deficiencies or certain chronic health conditions. Given the global impact of pneumococcal disease remains significant, the public health community continues to advocate for vaccines that can offer broader protection to prevent IPD. Vaxcyte's PCV franchise, consisting of VAX-24 and VAX-XP, is designed specifically to address this need and has the potential to deliver the broadest protection for this very serious disease. We believe that our PCVs could receive regulatory approval based on successful completion of clinical studies utilizing well-defined surrogate immune endpoints, consistent with how other PCVs have obtained regulatory approval in the past, rather than requiring clinical field efficacy studies. Summary:
The Associate Director of SG&A FP&A will play a key role in the Finance organization and report to the Director of FP&A. Responsibilities of the position will lead and manage budgeting, forecasting, long-term planning and decision-support analysis for Sales, General & Administrative (SG&A) functions. This successful candidate will also play a key role to overall financial planning and analysis for the whole company. The candidate will update and develop the strategic Long Range Plan model to evaluate different scenarios using NPV and ROI calculations, presenting findings to executive leadership. The ideal candidate is detailed oriented, analytical, and takes initiative to lead processes. They should have exceptional business collaboration skills with an eye towards process improvements and providing insightful analysis to drive decision-making.
- Serve as primary finance business partner for and establish excellent relationships with Vaxcyte SG&A functions, including Commercial, Finance, Legal, IT & Facilities, HR, Business Development, and Communications.
- Provide support to SG&A functions including budgeting and forecasting, financial analysis and resource management.
- Serve as the system administrator for the cloud-based budgeting and planning system (Anaplan) including ongoing enhancements.
- Primary owner of Sales & Commercial Long-Range Plan and Competitive analysis, collaborates in close partnership with Business Development, Commercial, and Manufacturing organizations.
- For the Strategic Long Range Plan prepare a detailed 5-year plus forecast inclusive of business expansions, product level indication P&L's, NPV analysis, and scenario specific ROI calculations.
- Prepare regular Budget vs. Actuals for areas of responsibility and total company month end close packages ensuring compliance with SOX controls.
- Responsible for ownership of comparisons to analyst estimates and financing reporting including drafting of analytics and/or commentary in our public company filings and other internal and external reporting materials.
- Support total company consolidations & cash management.
- Partner with Accounting team on monthly, quarterly, and annual closes.
- Play a key role in the preparation & execution of the Company's annual budget, forecasts, long-range planning processes, and related board materials including presentations to Executive Committee.
- Lead FP&A initiatives and seek out opportunities for process improvements and ad hoc analysis to support decision making.
- Other responsibilities as assigned to support the company's growth.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or equivalent is required; MBA, CPA, or equivalent designation, is preferred.
- 8+ years of work experience in FP&A or related discipline.
- Experience in biotech / pharma finance with experience in SG&A FP&A required.
- Proven track record of leading financial processes, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Exceptional "business partnering" skills and experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Experience with strategic Long Range Plans, NPV analysis, and ROI calculations. Demonstrated experience developing and owning models including presenting key findings to executive audiences.
- Excellent analytical, modeling skills, and experience with financial systems.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills. Experience of presenting areas of responsibility to the Executive Committee.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with the ability to think strategically.
- Positive work ethic and organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- An exceptional team player with focus on ensuring team meets and/ or exceeds deadlines and ability to partner with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Operational experience in a rigorous close and reporting environment.
- All Vaxcyte employees require vaccination against COVID-19.
Director of FP&A Location:
San Carlos, CA (hybrid model) Compensation:
The compensation package will be competitive and includes comprehensive benefits and an equity component.Salary Range:
$192,000 - $198,000