Havas Edge Los Angeles
Job Description Summary :
The Brand Planner will help lead the development and implementation of omnichannel marketing plans and strategies for our clients. You are an insightful, creative thinker who will serve as an envoy into our customer's minds, our brand's market, and our market's challenges and opportunities. This role is critical to the creative ideas that shape the future of brands and change the lives of consumers.
Under leadership of the VP of Brand Planning and Strategy, the Brand Planner will be involved in all aspects of the planning process including conducting and analyzing the research data and customer insights, providing input into the brand strategy, developing brand positioning and identity, and helping to stage inspiring workshops to solve brand challenges. You know how to turn facts and insights into compelling ideas, and ideas into effective, resonant stories. You have proven success in writing surveys and analyzing the results, tapping into third party, syndicated research, and comfortable chasing down leads and testing hypotheses.
Additionally, you will gain an understanding of the media industry and our agency's client roster, while learning the over-arching plan development process and how the Brand Planning and Strategy team interacts with clients, media partners, and internal teams. You will be exposed to a working environment that puts a premium on performance - the performance of our work, the business we work for and the people we work alongside.
Job Description :
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Conduct primary and secondary research to uncover customer, category, and competitive insights that will inform strategy and inspire creative that leads to innovative and exciting work
* Analyze competitive research to inform strategic planning and implementation, and recommend actionable solutions that drive business results
* Author strategic documents, insight statements, brand and communication plans, and creative briefs that powerfully articulate the strategy and inspire breakthrough performance creative.
* Utilize research and planning tools to help generate and support insights
* Designing and drafting our own qualitative and quantitative market research and reporting, in addition to 3rd party research analysis
Brand Strategy & Planning:
* Participate and lead in the overall development, implementation, and maintenance of marketing strategies for our clients
* Confidently present creative ideas in brainstorming sessions during development process
* Work closely with the VP, Branding Planning & Strategy in construction of compelling strategic narrative and in flawless execution of all deliverables
* Understand and develop customer personas, map consumer journeys, write and present compelling, thoughtful POVs that demonstrate a keen understanding of consumer values, beliefs, behaviors and motivations
* Develop strategic and creative briefs that define the business situation, and articulate the purpose and value proposition of the brand/product/service
* Manages efficient collaboration between all necessary teams around marketing strategy, insights, briefs, and recommendations
* Work closely with client and agency teams to develop clear and measurable campaign objectives and KPIs
* Review creative assets against strategy and provide strategic input
* Manage media budget, flowchart, and client approvals
* Support the VP, Brand Planning and Strategy in managing team deadlines, logistics planning, deck updates, data entry, data pulls, etc.
* Conduct competitive category audits that clearly demonstrate an immersive understanding on your brand's market dynamics, customer mindset, competitive actions, brand metrics, and industry trends
* Participate in client and internal meetings; distribute meeting recap notes to clients and internal team members, summarizing all deliverables and next steps
* Comfortable leading brand workshops and strategic brainstorms
* Play a critical role in new business pitches, providing research support and critical thinking relevant to the prospective client's business
* Collaborate with other Edge teams to translate marketing strategy into opportunities for effective communications
* Become an ambassador for the brand planning department and the strategic process within the agency
* Keep the agency abreast of advances in culture, technology, consumer behavior, brand positioning and overall business realities, particularly with respect to our clients and planning process
* Learn about the various departments at Havas Edge and how each work together
* Other duties may be assigned, as needed
WHO YOU ARE
* Minimum 2 - 3 years' experience in brand planning or strategy within an agency environment
* You are experienced in consumer research methodologies: utilizing and analyzing quantitative and qualitative research
* You have a basic understanding of the strategic and creative development process, including positioning statements, creative briefs, and advertising concepts
* You have a current pulse on digital platforms, tools, and marketing trends and strategies that are reshaping media and advertising every day
* You can manage multiple projects with short timelines in a fast-paced dynamic environment and experienced in managing projects from concept to completion
* You can craft and present ideas with conviction to internal and external stakeholders
* You are approachable and enjoy interacting with people at all levels of the organization and fostering strong cross-functional teamwork, and can do so effectively
* You work well under pressure, while maintaining accuracy, strict confidentiality, and a professional demeanor
* You work well in a collaborative environment as well as individually
* You have strong problem solving and decision-making skills
* You are detailed oriented, well organized, and able to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
* You are proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint, with prior experience in deck building and client-facing presentations
* You have advanced interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
* You have a passion for powerful storytelling, live for data and insights, and have an inquisitive mindset and insatiable appetite to better understand people
* You are self-motivated and self-aware; proactive and high initiative in learning and growing outside the norms of the role
PREFERRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, ETC.:
* Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Advertising, or related field
* You have strategic/brand planning experience with direct-to-consumer advertising initiatives
* You have prior experience support new business pitches
* You have a background in performance marketing or digital media
* You have experience using Keynote and Adobe Creative Suite
* You have a keen understanding of the broader marketing landscape, its evolution and the ways brands leverage different media, traditional and digital, engage and serve consumers at every stage of their journey, more effectively
Contract Type :
Here at Havas across the group we pride ourselves on being committed to offering equal opportunities to all potential employees and have zero tolerance for discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants irrespective of age, sex, race, ethnicity, disability and other factors that have no bearing on an individual's ability to perform their job.
Due to high volume of applications, only eligible or matching candidates will be contacted by us.