Davis Wright Tremaine LLP has an immediate need to engage a skilled paralegal to assist the Business and Tax practice group on an initial 6-month contract-basis. Managed by DWT's flexible contract staffing program, DWTSurge, candidates will support the practice group with many aspects of corporate transactions and debt financing work.
Candidates located near one of Davis Wright Tremaine's offices in Alaska, Washington, California, Oregon, Washington, D.C. or New York, are encouraged to apply. Even though candidates may be based on the East Coast, the position requires accommodating and maintaining west coast business hours at all times.
Remote work is encouraged due to temporary COVID-19 safety concerns. If and when safe to return to regular in-office schedules, candidates may have the opportunity to work in office as needed.
Compensation is paid hourly and while we anticipate the work to be close to full-time hours, 37.5 hours per week, flexibility will be needed. The amount of work may vary week to week and a set number of hours is not guaranteed. Upon the completion of the initial contract, successful candidates will be considered for a possibility of extension for an additional 12-month term.
Candidates that are strong self-starters, with excellent communication and organizational abilities are a plus. The ideal candidate will have five plus years' experience with the following:
- Preparing corporate and transaction documents
- Managing closing timelines for business transactions
- Coordinating closing and post-closing matters, documentation, due diligence, and disclosure schedules for financings and acquisitions
- Conduct due diligence review, public record searches, and analysis
- Handling securities transfers, stock, and option records
- Supporting startup formation, registration, filing, and financing matters
- Ability to support debt financing and debt structuring work
- Drafting legal contracts, agreements, correspondences, and other documents
- Researching legal issues and preparing legal memoranda
- Communicating directly and effectively with clients and third-parties
- Working in a team-oriented, service focused environment and to handle fast-paced, high-pressure stressful situations in a calm, composed manner.
- Familiarity supporting large corporate clients in mid-large law firm environments
- Navigating demanding roles, tasks and schedules.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Please note this is a temporary contract position managed by DWT's flexible contract employee program, DWTSurge. The position is benefitted and compensation will be on an hourly basis. We are interested in candidates who are electing to pursue a more flexible way of providing continuous, high-value legal services to the firm and our clients. If you are interested in a more traditional law firm position, please check the DWT careers page for staff opportunities.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to DWTSurge Recruiting Administrator, at . We are currently not accepting third party submissions for this opportunity
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee's sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.