Meet Institute on Aging. Our mission that drives us: IOA wants everyone to AgeOn! Institute on Aging works to enhance the quality of life for adults as they age by enabling them to maintain their health, well-being, independence and participation in the community.
We continuously seek to embrace and uphold our values: Integrity, Authenticity, Collaboration, Innovation, Accountability and Compassion.
Who we serve: We serve a diverse population of older adults and disabled adults without regard to ethnicity, religion, sexual identity, or social status. We embrace the Bay area's vibrant and varied culture, celebrating the diversity of its inhabitants. We have a commitment to representing, honoring, and enhancing the journeys of all aging adults, including those from different cultural backgrounds as well as seniors within the LGBT community.
Apply today for an opportunity to interview this week!
The Home Care Department is seeking a Home Care Aide/Caregiver to join its team in the San Mateo, Los Altos, San Francisco, Half Moon Bay and Santa Clara Counties.
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but may not be limited to:
- Assistance with personal care, including bathing, dressing, and toileting.
- Driving clients or accompanying clients to shopping, errands or doctor's appointment.
- Assistance with transfers, ambulation, or exercise.
- Meal preparation including special diets and feeding.
- Light housekeeping, including vacuuming, dusting, laundry, linen changes and dishes.
- Medically Oriented Assistance - remind to take medications; help with exercise; assist with hearing aids, walker, wheelchair, bedside commode; empty catheter/colostomy bag.
Positions and Hours:
- 12-Hour Shifts
- Live-In Options
- CNA- with valid state certification
- HHA- with valid state certification
Note: Services are provided 7 days a week and flexibility increases chances for work.
- Competitive wages per the union contract
- Vision, Dental, and 2 Healthcare Insurance Plans to Choose From*
- $500 Employee Retention bonus & $250 Employee Referral
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation (3 weeks After Your 1-Year Anniversary)
- 9 Paid Holidays, 1 Floating Holiday
- Biweekly Pay and Direct Deposit
- Paid training and CEU's, including free CPR Training
- 403-b Retirement Savings Plan with IOA matching contribution
- Pre-tax Commuter benefits and other options
- Parental Leave, Family Medical Leave
- Employee Resource Groups and wellness programs
* You must work an average of 30 hours per week for 90 days in a row to be eligible for these benefits
IOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran."
We encourage you to learn more about IOA by logging onto