Claims Associate - Property
- Job Reference: 462848426-2
- Date Posted: 2 January 2022
- Recruiter: Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.
- Location: Portland, Oregon
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Real Estate & Property
- Job Type: Permanent
The 'Apply with SEEK' option will be utilized for International applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please use the 'Apply' option.
Claims Associate - Property
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets-their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
With one of the largest teams of liability experts in the world, Sedgwick supports and resolves property, general, auto, product and professional liability claims. We help our clients maintain brand protection in times of crisis.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To process uncomplicated commercial and personal lines property claims within designated authority.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Processes uncomplicated personal and commercial line property claims and ensures claim files are properly documented and coded correctly based on the policy.
* Maintains action plans to ensure state required contact deadlines are met and to move the file towards prompt and appropriate resolution; escalates issues as needed.
* Identifies and pursues subrogation opportunities; secures and disposes of salvage.
* Communicates claim action/processing with insured, client and agent or broker when appropriate.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Supports the organization's quality program(s).
* Travels as required.
Education & Licensing
High school diploma or GED required. Licenses as required.
One (1) year of general office experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Claims industry experience preferred. Knowledge of construction basics a plus.
Skills & Knowledge
* Knowledge of construction basics
* Oral and written communication skills
* PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
* Strong organizational skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Good negotiation skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.