Client Service Representative - ER and Specialty. Job in Lawndale WestCoast-Jobs
- Job Reference: 381632323-2
- Date Posted: 27 September 2021
- Recruiter: VCA
- Location: Lawndale, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Call Centre / Customer Service
- Job Type: Permanent
Company Info: VCA Animal Hospitals operates more than 1,000 small animal veterinary hospitals in the U.S., Canada and Japan. The hospitals are staffed by more than 4,500 fully qualified, dedicated and compassionate veterinarians to give pets the very best in medical care, of which over 600 are board certified specialists who are experts in areas such as oncology, cardiology, emergency and critical care, and surgery for animals. VCA Animal Hospitals provides a full range of general practice services to keep pets well and specialized treatments when pets are ill. As part of the Mars Veterinary Health family of brands, VCA is committed to its purpose-A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS®.
**If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:**
VCA Advanced Veterinary Care Center is a 24/7 emergency and specialty practice in Lawndale, California-located in the heart of L.A.'s South Bay.
Client Service Representative for Emergency and Specialty Practice.
We are seeking an experienced Client Service Representative to join our team.
At **_VCA Advanced Veterinary Care Center_** , we take our mission statement - your pet's health is our top priority and excellent service is our goal - very seriously. With every opportunity, we aim to exceed each pet owner's expectations.
We're looking for a personable yet highly professional "service extraordinaire" to join us in delivering our mission to our clients and their pets.
Why We Need You:
As the face of VCA, the Client Service Representative sets the tone for the practice as we build and maintain each customer's trust and confidence in our abilities. The CSR is the pivot around which the hospital operates and is responsible for:
• Customer service functions, including: greeting visitors, answering telephones, and guiding clients and their pets to exam rooms.
• Scheduling and confirming appointments.
• Placing outbound calls for follow-ups and reaching out to prospective clients.
• Presenting and explaining fees, including processing payments.
• Managing medical records, charts, reports and correspondence.
• Hospital maintenance (including removal of animal waste) and ensuring that facility is neat and clean at all times-both inside and outside.
• At least one year of proven past experience helping customers
• High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
• **_Excellent listening and communication skills_**
• Compassion for pets and people-as well as awareness and understanding of others' reactions
• **_Proven decision-making skills to choose the most appropriate course of action_**
• The ability to integrate new information into problem-solving
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• **_Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays_**
• The ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and be exposed to hazards associated with pets such as allergies, contagious diseases, noises, odors, bites, scratches, and animal waste
We offer competitive compensation and great benefits for eligible employees, including medical/dental, generous personal pet care discounts and more!
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
VCA began in 1986 as a privately owned company with one animal hospital. Today, we are the largest family of animal care providers nationwide. Despite unprecedented growth, VCA has never abandoned its devotion to compassionate, comprehensive pet care. Take a look at our open positions throughout the U.S. and Canada! We're always looking for top notch talent to join the VCA family!