*** FT Nights***Responsibilities
The Clinical Supervisor supports administrative responsibility for the department service functions and works collaboratively with the unit Director and/or Manager. In the absence of the unit Director and/or Manager, the Clinical Supervisor may assume the administrative scope of the unit assigned. Develops and implements departmental plans, including performance improvement activities and compliance with current federal and/or state regulations. The Clinical Supervisor prepares, conducts and/or oversees department(s) orientation and training of personnel. Communicates with staff, physicians, and administration both written and verbally. The Clinical Supervisor is responsibility and accountable for the quality of staff and functions during their shift. Assists the Department Director in the daily operations of the unit, directing, supervising, and evaluating personnel, ensuring the proper use of time, equipment and staff. Ensure the efficient functions of the department. Performs direct patient care, only as needed, within the scope of practice. Continually assess care and direct staff to make immediate changes in the plan of care.Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Current and valid California Registered Nurse license
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing (BSN) required
- Current Basic Life Support certificate (BLS) upon hire and maintain current.
- Minimum of three year of Charge Nurse or equivalent experience required.
- Based on areas the following may be required:
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) upon hire and maintain current
- Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) upon hire and maintain current
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) upon hire and maintain current
- Current Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) certificate upon hire and maintain current
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: .pdf