Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable.
The Global Brand and Communications Team is looking for a proactive, ambitious and resourceful communicator with exceptional writing skills and "anything is possible" attitude. As Communications Associate, you'll be responsible for supporting team operations (tracking and reporting, monthly and quarterly measurement of earned media, briefing documents for company spokespeople, updating the newsroom and our master media list, etc.), securing earned media around strategic programs, and you'll be the first point of contact for reactive press inquiries. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Communications, you will work cross-functionally to drive Poshmark's global brand story. You'll have a comprehensive view of our brand and communications strategy and partner closely with internal business partners across marketing, community, international, product, data and more.
This position requires strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to multitask with great attention to detail. The candidate must be reliable, resourceful, highly organized and self-motivated with a passion for delivering results as part of a team.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other Duties May Be Assigned)
- Support communication programs that meet the needs of the brand and business and are consistent with the company's global brand and communication strategy.
- Monitor and respond to incoming press inquiries with sound judgement.
- Support day-to-day operations of global brand and communications team, including: updates to our newsroom, manage integrated calendar, and develop weekly communication informing executives of planned communications.
- Partner with our brand editorial and engagement lead to discover, curate and share compelling stories about our brand and community; Identify opportunities to amplify content across various channels and outlets, as well as keep your finger on the pulse of industry and competitor news.
- Work closely with merchandising and data teams on developing trend/data reports for seasonal and pop culture moments.
- Keep a pulse on Poshmark community and identify key story angles to pitch to online and broadcast media; Own broadcast media program and consistently pitch regional and national media to secure community-focused segments.
- Collaborate with the social media team to develop brand content focused on Poshmark-owned channels.
- Draft materials including pitches, press releases, social media copy, briefing documents for company spokespeople, messaging, presentations, speeches, award submissions and more.
- Create monthly, quarterly and project-based coverage recaps on effectiveness of media efforts; Monitor press coverage of company and competitors, providing real-time updates to key internal stakeholders as needed.
- Create and maintain media lists; Cultivate and manage earned relationships with a broad range of consumer and industry media.
- Build relationships with leaders and colleagues across the company through a professional and mature demeanor, intellectual curiosity, and positive attitude.
- Collaborate with external PR agencies (calls and reporting, messaging and pitching, information sharing and organization).
- Research, secure and provide logistical support for external speaking engagements; Conduct general research to support team planning and strategy.
- Manage distribution of press releases.
- Work on special projects and ad-hoc requests.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or equivalent experience required.
- 1-2 years of experience at a public relations agency or in a fast-paced in-house role is preferable.
- Exceptional English communications skills, including writing and editing, strong proofreading and grammar skills.
- Copywriting: research, write, review, and edit content for various vehicles; Understands and applies AP style.
- Interest in and growing knowledge base of media landscape and all media types.
- Proficiency in Google suite and MS Office Suite.
- Familiarity with PR systems such as Cision, Globe Newswire, or similar a plus.
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 80 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, Australia, and soon India, is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit , and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.Why Poshmark?
At Poshmark, we're constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We're disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We're nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We're invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.Here's What We'll Set You Up With
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you're in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.