Position: Customer Contractor Admin
Location: San Diego, CA
Duration: 4+ Months Contract
Total Hours/week: 40.00
Client: Medical Device Company
Employment Type: Contract on W2 (Need US Citizens Or GC Holders Only)
Work days/hours: M - F 8am - 5pm
Locals only - Remote for now until the offices reopen, then onsite.
Must haves on the resume: contract management, federal contracts, experience with solicitations
What Commercial Operations contributes to BD:
The mission of the CoE is to enable commercial strategy and drive profitable sales growth by shifting our mindset to being more front office by exceeding customer (internal) needs and improving customer experience in the areas of contracting, sales operations, business analytics and operational excellence.
This will be accomplished by standardizing, automating and integrating (CoE approach) as one company, driving data integrity and remaining agile to the evolving needs of customers and BD's Go-to-Market corporate and business unit strategies.
The Center of Excellence (CoE) team will embrace industry leading capabilities, develop our talent and know-how, hold ourselves accountable to strong performance and operate by the highest values and culture of the company.
Accountabilities in this role:
As a member of the Government Contracting Offer Development Team, reporting to the Sr. Manager Government contract operations, this role is responsible for the implementation of government contractual agreements.
This role will have the following responsibilities at different stages of the contracting lifecycle:
Contract Instrument Solicitation - Assist with the beginning-to-end response process with responsibility for solicitation review, kickoff meetings with stakeholders, contract analytics, package submission, ongoing monitoring of Agreement for KPI reporting, and appropriate document retention.
• Actively Monitor government and third party outlets for new contract instrument solicitation opportunities
• Responsible for ongoing management of the Government contracting process from receipt of RFP, to Award process, to storage and ongoing monitoring/maintenance of Agreements.
• Review solicitation and initiate PM activities, including conducting kickoff meeting(s) with business unit and SCVP, developing a solicitation project plan, managing tasks and due dates to stakeholders, updating the RFP tracker, and communicating project status to management.
• Develop and regularly audit Commercial Sales Practices (CSP), including pricing analyses and what if scenarios to determine financial impact of business proposals
• Conduct TAA compliance verification and research TAA waiver eligibility if needed
• Prepare final response package by working with stakeholders, such as business unit, Legal, SCVP, etc.
• Ensure appropriate records retention in accordance with BD document retention policy once contract is awarded
Competitive Bid/RFP Proposal - Assist with the beginning-to-end Government contract response process with responsibility for RFP review, applicable FAR clauses, kickoff meeting and liaison(s) with key stakeholders while developing submission proposal and ensuring appropriate document retention.
• Monitor government and third party outlets for new Bid and RFP opportunities.
• Responsible for ongoing management of the Government RFP process from receipt of RFP, to Award process, to storage and ongoing monitoring of Agreements, including CSP narratives.
• Research and review RFP and initiate PM activities, including conducting kickoff meeting with business unit and SCVP; developing a RFP project plan, managing tasks and due dates to stakeholders and communicating project status to management.
• Assist with the formal Q&A process by working with the Government Contracting Officers and Business Units in a timely manner
• Once contract is awarded, communicate with stakeholders and ensure appropriate document retention in accordance with BD document retention policy
Contract Management - Assist with beginning-to-end process for standard and mass contract modifications. Be responsible for Contract Extension and Closeout as well as developing contracting strategy and analysis based on business needs.
Standard Modifications (Product Add/Delete, Price Increase/Decrease, Customer Add/Delete, Administrative Changes)
Contracting Strategy and Analysis
Tracking Customer and Trade Agreement Reporting Process - Collaborate with Government Contract Analytics Analyst to validate tracking customer (TC) and trade agreement act (TAA) triggers by reviewing TC/TAA compliance reports and taking appropriate contract modification action when required.
Portfolio Management Collaborate with Billing department and Sales to provide quotes and invoices to customers for annual support and rental renewals. Be responsible for invoice submission and any follow up necessary. Responsible for ensuring invoices are accurate for submission by doing proper diligence, to include coordination with internal departments, running equipment reports, following Invoice to Quote (IToQ) standard work instructions, and correct any potential mistakes. Candidate will work with customer to verify tax status documentation, as needed.
Candidate should possess analytical thinking, understand CTC business process (Contracts to Invoice), enjoy a collaborative work environment, possess excellent verbal and written customer communication skills, and be able to manage timelines versus work. Candidate should be self-motivated, possess excellent research and organizational skills, and a strong ability to multi- task. Candidate should be able to work independently, set own priorities based on current PM workload, contract due dates, and customer demands. Experience with federal contracts, modifications, and invoicing systems are considered a plus.
• BA/BS required with 5 years of business experience, or without Bachelor degree, 10+ years extensive experience in the applicable area preferred
• Strong contracting strategy mindset must be able to access situation, collect data and deliver well thought out recommendations
• Candidate must have proven leadership skills and ability to Project Manage multifaceted Government contracts from beginning to end
• Candidate must have proven ability to quickly establish credibility, trust, and support within all levels of organization
• Strong customer-centric skills, and able to adapt to customer needs while maintaining protection of BD's interests
• Strong communications and change management experience; must have the ability to develop, present and defend ideas and strategy to internal leaders and stakeholders
• Business Acumen
• Partnership and customer focus
• Work across functions and teams (matrix environment)
• Delivering under pressure
• Strive for continuous improvement
• Proactive and collaborative mindset
• Analytical and Problem solving orientated