Customer Service Representative
- Job Reference: 381615310-2
- Date Posted: 27 September 2021
- Recruiter: Mechanics Bank
- Location: Salinas, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Call Centre / Customer Service
- Job Type: Permanent
Mechanics Bank is looking for a Customer Service Representative for the Salinas Main Branch in Salinas, CA.
In this role, you will provide basic to more complex banking transactions. You must be willing and actively assists customers accurately and according to established policies and procedures, including cross-sell and referral of Bank products. Obtains assistance for complex, infrequently encountered transactions.
What you will do:
* Accept, verify, and process basic to more complex client transactions according to established procedures and security guidelines. Transactions include deposits, withdrawals, payments, transfers, etc.
* Process transactions submitted through other channels, including night-drop, bank-by-mail, ATM, etc.
* Assist customers with check orders; balancing their accounts; safe deposit openings, closing, and transactional use.
* Represent the Bank and its products and services with pride and enthusiasm. Senses and responds to customer needs. Identifies and pursues new or related customer opportunities.
* Contribute to a cooperative and positive working atmosphere. Is flexible, responsive, and assists co-workers in the attainment of the Bank's objectives with a focus on the needs of the customer.
* Provide administrative assistance to the office.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Who you are:
* Minimum High School Degree
* Basic knowledge of Bank's products.
* Excellent ability to handle cash, including accurate counting. Ability to balance accounts, including accurate record-keeping.
* Excellent attention to detail
* Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service.
* Ability to handle and defuse situations involving frustrated customers through problem resolution and determine resources to resolve issues/concerns.
* Ability to work as a team member to ensure good coverage and customer service.
* Customer Service, cash handling, retail and/or restaurant experience preferred but not required.
* Mechanics Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or other bases prohibited by applicable law.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* To learn more about Mechanics Bank's California privacy and security policies, including your right to a Notice At Collection as a California Resident, please visit