Direct Care Staff
The SAILS Group, Inc. (Supported And Independent Living Services) is an international agency committed to the quality of care, supervision and training of adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities. With over 20 years of service, we specialize in the most behaviorally challenged individuals and are known for our holistic, non-aversive training methods. When possible, we help these individuals develop skills, earn income, and live an integrated life in their communities.
Why Work for Us?
Everybody benefits from the support of others, and we are seeking YOU to be that support to those we serve. As a Direct Care Staff (DCS) with SAILS you will be the link to the community for individuals with disabilities in the San Diego County area.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits for full-time employees
- 401-K Plan
- Paid Continuing Education training
- Access to National University with 15% discounted rates towards coursework
- Opportunities for growth
- Raises and promotions for amazing performance
Join our team and be part of the change we are making!
Duties and Responsibilities of a Direct Care Staff (DCS)
- To provide training on behavioral, social, independence and community involvement skills to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Will train and manage consumers using the Kids First Foundation philosophy and approach of always being Fair, Firm and Consistent .
- Implement the consumer's objectives and behavior support plans as instructed.
- May assist individuals with their personal care needs (ADLs) as necessary to maintain hygiene.
- Report any and all incidents, behaviors and occurrences immediately to the support manager including incidents of possible abuse or neglect.
- Assist consumers with all their household chores as necessary.
- May supervise of assist consumers with medications as needed.
- Attend weekly contact meeting with support manager and monthly in-services.
- If and when working a night shift will be responsible for and alert to consumer's nighttime awakenings and behaviors.
- Use physical restraint only as a last resort if the individual served is becoming a danger to self or others, using only CPI techniques.
If you are looking for a career, where you can be that support system to the disabled population APPLY NOW!
If you are unfamiliar with the job title of Direct Care Staff (DCS):
Similar job titles are Caregiver, Personal Care Attendant (PCA) Home Health Aid, Certified Nursing Assistant, Direct Support Professional or Direct Care Provider. Our goal is to provide a supported, independent, and safe living environment for our clients!
Please feel free to visit our website at for more information.