Nothing makes an impact like the power of Surprise. That's what makes Surprise.com the best platform for transforming people and teams into top performers. Our Ai-powered app is a high-impact, totally unique daily work experience that automates and gamifies daily feedback and performance improvement to drive teams forward.
We are looking for a Director of Ad Sales to build and lead an elite, high-performance Digital Ad Sales team. We have a one-of-a-kind ad platform, with multiple advertising products and objectives for brands to skyrocket awareness, prospect new customers, sell products and services, and reveal consumer insights in ways that no other social media ad platform can. It's an advertiser's dream: a new growth and revenue channel for their brand!What will you be doing?
What are we looking for?
- Using your strong management skills and 7 years' experience selling digital advertising to grow domestic ad revenue;
- Employing your dual strategic / tactical approach to determine short and long-range revenue plans, with a focus on increasing sales performance;
- As a player-coach, you will be responsible for developing and managing key large accounts and hitting your vertical's revenue targets and quotas;
- Leading a national sales team of Sales Managers, AEs, and BDMs;
- Working closely with marketing to continuously refine scripts and outreach materials;
- Working closely with our Account Managers to manage long-term relationships with our clients;
- Returning client/market-driven insights to product and other teams at Surprise;
What skills will come in handy?
- 7+ years sales experience with a minimum of 5 years proven success in the digital space (Brand Advertising, Advertising Sales, Customer Acquisition and Growth, Consulting, Mobile, and Online sales);
- Experience managing a sales team is essential (4+ years);
- Experience working with marketing decision makers in companies and agencies;
- Extensive close relationships with major advertisers and agencies;
- Excellent presentation skills - ability to tell stories with data;
- Significant experience in structuring and negotiating deals is a must - a track record of negotiating strategic partnerships or agency trading agreements is highly desirable.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Self-driven, high-performance, winning attitude;
- Ability to manage a team remotely, as well as host on-sites;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment and consistently learn, adapt and develop.
At Surprise.com, we're committed to hiring builders who are inspired by our team's guiding principle: to derive a tremendous sense of purpose from the inner quest for excellence itself, being driven from within to make anything we touch be the best it can be. We take pride in developing deep user understanding, obsess about the details, and go the extra mile to show our users we love them. We are first and foremost customer driven - engineering, product and design collaborate as equals to create a phenomenal end user experience. We're also home for numerous internal teams building internally facing applications for customer service, finance, and others, to keep the operation afloat.Benefits
- A team of extraordinary people, working hard to better themselves and further our mission;
- Competitive comp;
- Paid PTO, including vacation and sick days;
- And, of course, we get Surprises internally.