Element Consulting, Inc. is looking for a CONSTRUCTION Document Controls/Project Cost Controls/Field Office Manager to join our team in our Santa Monica Team. This person will lead the successful execution of a variety of projects from start to finish.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent time-management and problem-solving abilities who thrives in fast-paced environments. Must have construction experience, preferably in education construction or public agency construction.
Provided overall document controls support (scanning, logging, filing, etc.) for various on-going construction projects and logging and tracking new RFIs, Submittals, COs, and etc. into the system.
- Provide daily administrative support to various project managers with coordinating meetings, taking notes, preparing/modifying documents including correspondences, reports, drafts, memos, and emails
- Maintain electronic and hard copy per the client(s) filing system and provide document for ongoing construction projects; track/log, scan, and file various construction documents, i.e. Submittals, Change Orders, Proposals, RFIs, etc.
- Review and process contractor pay requests and sub-consultants professional services invoices
- Generate documents used to transmit construction-related matter to the Board of Trustees (BOT)
- Provide various degrees of support in light software/hardware issues, networking, troubleshooting printer issues, and, when required, coordinating IT professionals
- Function as the onsite office manager responsible for maintaining office supplies and liaised between office staff, service consultants, and client representatives as needed.
- Provide all general administrative support to the Project Team including correspondence processing and distribution, routine filing, and maintenance of office supply stock levels.
- Coordinate arrangements for meetings and training as required.
- Provide administrative support by conducting research, assisting on the preparation statistical reports, and handling information requests.
- Process RFIs, change orders, and other construction related documents
- Assists in preparing written materials including correspondence, reports, procedures, and guidelines related to project file maintenance and document control
- Review, proofread, and edit documents
- Preparing and documenting meeting minutes
- Oversees the review, approval, and payment process of contractor and consultant monthly payment applications, including detailed reviews of the IOR and LOR invoices, by liaising with the appropriate internal and external parties.
- Assists staff in preparing documents for Board monthly reports and other District requirements.
- Assists in providing general accounting and administrative support to the Project Team as directed.
- Communicate with applicable program construction and professional services vendors as needed
- Identify vendor billing discrepancies or inconsistencies and resolve expeditiously
- Assists in contracts/task orders/purchase orders financial close out process
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 5 years of administrative experience in a fast-paced office environment
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Must have keyboarding/computer experience
- Must have very strong organizational skills, knowledge of office administration
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documents.
- Position requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Experience working on construction management programs and/or on a construction job site
- 4-yeardegree from an accredited college or university
- Experience in Sharepoint & Ebuilder a plus.
Why Choose Element Consulting?
Element Consulting is a construction management company dedicated to providing clients with responsible and innovative solutions to their project needs, from inception to completion. Based out of El Segundo, CA, the firm offers program, project, and construction management services. We invite you to join us in 'Bringing the Right Elements Together for Our Clients' Success.'
Powered by JazzHR