ABC10 is looking for an experienced engagement producer to facilitate audience conversations and feedback for a new daily issue-oriented show. The ideal candidate will be able to move seamlessly between social media conversations, digital storytelling and the broadcast show. The engagement producer will help launch the new show and ensure that audience engagement is integrated into the show. The team member will also play a key role in creating digital content connected to the show.
- Communicate directly with the audience to develop a community. Field questions and grow show loyalty through digital content, social engagement and texting
- Produce, publish and manage content across digital and social media platforms, including web, OTT, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter
- Identify stories that could drive conversations and impact our target audience
- Ensure digital, social, and broadcast stories are told with a similar voice and aesthetic
- Grow audience through targeted social media campaigns
- Help track and report social analytics for the show's content
- Be on the forefront of social media/audience trends to help the show reach emerging audiences in an authentic way
- Collaborate with the larger ABC10 team to develop and execute innovative community management practices and features
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or equivalent experience in the field
- 2 to 3 years in digital journalism, social media management or content marketing preferred
- Strong understanding of various social platforms
- Strong writing skills
- Strong connection to the ABC10's editorial mission
- Experience growing social media brands
- Solid editorial and social media judgment
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit .
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Privacy Notice for California Candidates