The media team at Airtime is creating one of the most advanced platforms for real-time and streaming media in the world. We're passionate about building high-performance, high-quality software that runs the gamut from globally distributed infrastructure to low-level, device-specific optimizations.
We're looking for an enthusiastic Media - Senior Streaming Software Engineer to help us provide the best synchronized streaming media viewing experience by extending and improving the globally distributed media infrastructure that is the backbone of the Airtime platform.
A Bit About The Role
- Enhance and extend streaming playback frameworks within the Airtime media platform.
- Improve and maintain the synchronization service that lets users view the same content at the same time.
- Collect and analyze metrics relating to system performance and user behavior.
- Participate in detailed and constructive design and code reviews.
- Collaborate with other members of the team to deliver new features and enhancements on a regular basis.
- Work with the application development teams to define APIs they can use to integrate with the media stack.
A Bit About You
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience coupled with strong communications skills.
- Familiarity with scalable, asynchronous server architectures.
- Practical experience with API design and system architecture.
- Success in architecting, designing, implementing and unit testing features.
- Interest in solving challenging, hard-to-pin-down problems.
- Committed to helping everyone succeed by sharing ideas and experience as you mentor and guide less experienced members of the team.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing problem reports and fixing bugs.
- Effectively participating in detailed and constructive design and code reviews.
- Successful ownership of projects, working with teammates to drive them to completion.
- Experience working closely with test teams to help create strong test plans for new features.
- Familiarity with audio or video processing techniques and algorithms.
A Bit About Airtime
Founded by Sean Parker, Airtime's mission is to empower people to create thriving online communities around shared interests, experiences, and passions. A goal like that doesn't happen without an amazing team. With over 100 wonderful people in three offices across the country, we're working hard to create the most welcoming online live social space out there, not only in our product but also in our organization.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one's identity. All of our employee's points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
#Hybrid: Remote-Palo Alto, California