BorgWarner is a company of independent thinkers who share a passion for the latest vehicle technology, enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and desire to play a key role in transforming the transportation landscape. Cascadia Motion is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BorgWarner Inc., operating within the PowerDrive Systems business unit yet doing day-to-day business as an independent company (and brand) while maintaining a "startup feel".
Cascadia Motion is manufacturer of electric vehicle propulsion system solutions. Specifically this means inverters, motors, gearboxes and supporting equipment. The company owns the project from concept design through in-house manufacture and after-sales support. Products are typically prototype to mid-volume but with a volume graduation pathway into other facilities within the parent company's network of plants. Our customer base is extensive and international ranging from OEM to startup and spanning across all vehicle types.
Cascadia Motion engages our talented group of employees with meaningful work, amazing technologies, exciting customers, and a culture that respects diversity, rewards excellence and encourages accountability. We seek positive, driven, detail-oriented people who are great starters, great finishers, great communicators and can work with minimal supervision.
We have locations in both Hood River and Wilsonville, Oregon (USA). In this role, you will do your work at our Wilsonville location.Job Description Summary
- This position is responsible for working with the engineering team to assemble and test new products during the development process.
EDUCATION And QUALIFICATIONS
- Organize materials needed for the assembly of new products
- Assembly of new products
- Following and updating build instructions
- Use of hand tools and manufacturing equipment
- Documenting assembly and configuration management
- Testing of new products using electronic test equipment (meters, scopes, etc)
- Provide clear documentation on test results
- Perform and maintain specialized engineering test and production equipment
- Report to the team on assembly and test progress
- Modify electronic circuit boards under the direction of engineering
- Communicate and enforce safe work procedures
- Associate's or Technical Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field required
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Electronic circuit testing experience required
- Electromechanical assembly experience required
- Must be comfortable with computers and applications
- Experience with electronic test equipment required
- Excellent people skills and history of teamwork
- Works under minimal supervision
- Lifting up to 35 lbs repetitively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
This position will adhere to safety rules, practices and training for Cascadia Motion. This individual will work in a manner that stresses the importance of preventing accidents and illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers. In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to the immediate supervisor.EQUAL EMPLOYER OPPORTUNITY (EEO) STATEMENT
BorgWarner (and Cascadia Motion) is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the geographical area where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Job Type Regular