Every Exelixis employee is united in an ambitious cause: to launch innovative medicines that give patients and their families hope for the future. In this pursuit, we know our employees are our most valuable asset. After operating in the challenging biotech sector for 25 years, we have a proven track record of resiliency in the face of adversity. The success of our lead product has provided a solid commercial foundation allowing us to reinvigorate our research efforts, and grow our team in areas such as Drug Discovery, Clinical Development and Commercial.
As we expand our global partnerships and further reinvest in R&D to help us discover the next breakthrough for difficult-to-treat cancers, we're seeking to add talented, dedicated employees to power our mission.
Cancer is our cause. Make it yours, too.Job Description
Performs a variety of extremely complex confidential administrative tasks to support EVP of Public Affairs/Investor Relations and Public Affairs/Investor Relations team.Qualifications
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides expert administrative support including a variety of extremely complex, confidential, and critical administrative and organizational tasks.
- Produces and edits complex and/or confidential correspondence, documents and reports using word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Collects and prepares information for use in discussions/meetings of executive staff and outside individuals.
- Maintains calendars, scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements; preparing reimbursement and expense reports; handling business transactions of a highly confidential and critical manner.
- Effectively and courteously screens and/or selectively refers callers and takes messages as needed; handles complex and sensitive inquiries/calls from external/internal sources.
- Support distributing templated executive emails to internal distribution lists.
- Support vendor purchase order and invoice processing with AP/Purchasing Department.
- Acts as an information source on administrative and company policies and procedures.
- The position may also include other responsibilities, such as establishing new departmental procedures or controls, coordination of special events or office functions, compilation of statistical data, and assistance with the management of company internal intranet platform.
- May compile statistical data.
- Complies with all company health & safety policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance or direction to other individuals.
- No supervisory responsibilities
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline and three years of related experience; or
- Master's degree in related discipline and one year of related experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience supporting C-Suite executives
- Prior experience supporting Investor Relations or financial institutions preferred, but not required
- Strong attention to detail; able to manage multiple-step procedures and handle frequent interruptions in workflow along with the ability to work quickly, efficiently, and cope with high-volume of work.
- Exhibits professionalism and composure in stressful situations and in meeting short deadlines.
- Expert computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Outlook Express and Box.
- Ability to set up and maintain filing systems and track recurring department information.
- Ability to prioritize and organize complex, confidential, time sensitive tasks and display well-developed project management skills.
- Superior judgment and common sense in making critical decisions.
- Ability to meet unplanned and/or tight deadlines.
- Initiate improvements and consistently drive optimal service.
- Routinely anticipates and takes initiative to solve problems.
- Demonstrates clear evidence of successful and creative efforts contributing to projects, problem-solving, efficiency and productivity and advises others on effective tactics.
- In-depth knowledge of company operations, policies and procedures with the ability to act as information source.
- Expert, up-to-date knowledge of relevant desktop systems and software and ability to apply them to maximize department effectiveness and problem solving.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in field of specialty as well as general understanding and knowledge in other related disciplines.
- Ability to independently draft very complex communications effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, by phone and by email with visitors and all employee levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Environment: primarily working indoors, performing clerical work
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.