UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially stable company. While we've always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have other recognize our dedicated efforts. We've been named an Iowa Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register for four consecutive years and included on Forbes' "America's Most Trustworthy Financial Companies" every year since 2014. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
UFG is looking for an experienced multi-line Claims Adjuster to work in the field for the Fresno/Bakersfield area in CA. This individual will be responsible for investigating, evaluating and settling assigned property and casualty claims. The territory assigned to this position will be Fresno, CA and surrounding areas.
- Review assignments to determine severity, coverage and appropriate action.
- Review and interpret policy coverage to determine whether the claim is payable under the policy, deductible, actual cash value or replacement cost.
- Conduct field investigation to include site inspection, diagram, photographs, interview and secure recorded statements of those possessing facts concerning the loss.
- Manage all administrative claim functions such as reserving, claim payments and file notes via electronic means and at times from remote locations.
- Prepare written investigative reports for the claim file to document all activity related to the loss.
- Negotiate with contractors or repair facilities regarding extent of damage and method of repair.
- Manage the salvage process.
- Maintain current on case law and construction prices/methods/procedures.
- Foster and maintain relationships with independent agency force.
- Participate in company sponsored educational programs to develop and maintain knowledge of products, producers and industry trends.
- Participate in other projects or other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Industry designations such as AIC, CPCU, SCLA, CCLA or PCLA are preferred
- Minimum of five years of multi-line claims experience
- Minimum of five years of commercial property and casualty claims experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Individual must be analytical, precise and have the ability to work independently.