DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Conduct thorough analysis of distributor inventory levels in comparison to sales volume.
* Proactively monitor inventory levels in partnership with the sales team and internal departments.
* Contact distributors to request return of underutilized sets, coordinate returns, and follows-up as necessary.
* Work with supply chain and set administration to identify parts that need to be targeted for return. Contact distributors to request return of parts, coordinate returns, and follows-up as necessary.
* Generation of reports that track status of returns.
* Issue RMA numbers for excess inventory and monitor to ensure product is received.
* Review bone consignments and inventories to insure proper handling and minimized tissue expiration in the field.
* Review biologics/loose inventory orders, on an as needed basis, to ensure proper quantities are being ordered.
* Resolve errors and/or discrepancies with regards to inventory with Customer Service, Field Auditors, and with customers as needed.
* Follow appropriate procedures and ensure customers are in compliance from an inventory standpoint.
* Provide information on inventory levels and usage for the sales team.
* Management of account set up and deactivation in ERP system.
* Coordination of on boarding calls for new distributors.
* Support the execution and continuous improvement of processes including new technologies, data interchange systems, demand management, electronic data systems administration and related functions.
* Integrate learning from customers, competitors, distribution, customer service, other industries, and professional training to continuously improve competitive position.
* Utilize problem solving techniques, tact, and discretion when handling interaction with sales reps, sales managers, and customers.
* Conduct special projects as directed and performs other duties as assigned.
* Associate's degree required. 0 - 2 years preferred of business, supply chain, customer service, sales operations or related work experience.
* Strong results orientation.
* Strong past achievement record.
* Strong verbal communication skills.
* Customer Service skills are required as this position will frequently work with internal and external customers.
* Excellence in process management, lean or 6-sigma experience/knowledge preferred.
* Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize.
* Demonstrated strength in analytical skills, with the ability to analyze data to make recommendations.
* Demonstrated excellence in building relationships across various levels in an organization, previous cross functional roles preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to utilize tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
* Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
* Knowledge of company products, functions, policies, and procedures is preferred.
* Experience working with customers is preferred.
* Experience in the medical device industry is preferred.
* Experience working with ERP systems is preferred.
* Inventory management and customer relationship management experience preferred.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
For roles based in the United States that require access to hospital facilities, must be eligible for and maintain credentials at all required hospitals, including meeting any applicable physical requirements or vaccination requirements (including the COVID-19 vaccine, as applicable).
ATEC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to its employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state or local laws. Further, ATEC will make reasonable accommodations that are necessary to comply with disability discrimination laws.