Job Description Government Contract Accounting Manager Job Description
Ducommun is seeking an experienced and organized Government Contract Accounting Manager. This position requires initiative, attention to detail, ability to learn quickly, excellent communication skills, and the ability to manage internal and external relationships. This position will work with several Ducommun locations to support certain government contract bids and subsequent audits including the following:
1. Support proposal audits, termination of convenience submittal and subsequent audits.
2. Calculate and provide allowable Bid Rates and Forward Years Bid Rates to be used in bids and proposals for each location. Support and defend these rates as part of the Bid Rate audits.
3. Calculate allowable Actual YTD rates for each location. Support and defend these rates as part of the Actual Interim Rate Audits.
4. Calculate Actual Year End rates for each location. Support and defend these rates as part of the Actual Rate audits.
5. Work with financial planning to review allowable and unallowable costs for Shared Services and Corporate Management Fee to determine the allowable allocations for each location. Support and defend the audit of such allocations.
6. Calculate Federal Cost of Money Rates for use in bids and proposals.
7. Work with locations to complete TINA certs, CAS certs, and Annual Supplier certs for each proposal over the specified thresholds.
8. Work with subcontractors to audit and validate the subcontractor's pricing.
9. Work with locations to track government contract awards in order to monitor the level of CAS compliance audit exposure (modified CAS - 4 compliance standards, full-CAS all 19 compliance standards), and to determine how to complete CAS certs for each proposal.
10. Provide guidance and recommendations to ensure compliance with CAS standards. Assist with CAS compliance audits.
11. Complete yearly registration renewal of SAM database.
12. Continue to evaluate and improve our processes related to Governmental Contract Accounting.
13. As necessary, other activities related to managing Governmental Contract Accounting.
Additional job responsibilities to include assisting corporate accounting with various activities and controls. Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's or master's degree in business administration, accounting or finance
- Minimum 5 years of experience in government contract administration
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with an Aerospace and Defense manufacturer
- Experience with overhead rate development and budgeting
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and cost accounting standards (CAS)
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
200 E. Sandpointe, Suite 700
Santa Ana, California, 92707