As a strategic partner, the Senior HR Business Partner (HRBP) aligns business objectives with employees and management within the Innovation and Product Management business units. The HRBP serves as a consultant to management on Human Resource related issues, assesses and anticipates HR-related needs and will act as employee champion and change agent. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions and formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business units' financial position, its mid-range plans, its culture and its competition. This position partners with the talent teams to assist with appropriate goal setting, review writing, development plan creation and overall talent strategies.
* Identify training and development needs for business unit leaders and individual contributors and partner with the OD team to facilitate related programs and activities. Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follow-up to ensure training and development objectives are met.
* Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning.
* Provide day to day performance management guidance to business unit leaders (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
* Work closely with leadership and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
* Partner with hiring managers to determine position KSA requirements in order to source, screen, assess, and recommend candidates. Negotiates job offers and complies with A-dec policies and programs through the coordination of pre-employment drug testing, background checks, and other assessments as required.
* Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. Provides HR Policy guidance and interpretation. Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with HR managers and employment law attorney as needed.
* Develop terms for new hires, promotions, transfers.
* May assist int'l employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters; coordinate with International HR Manager as needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, business or related field, plus 8 - 10 years' experience in Human Resources or the equivalent combination of experience and education. Master's Degree and/or experience working in organization development preferred.
* Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including talent acquisition and retention, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
* Advanced knowledge of HR policies, standards, practices and regulations related to all functional areas.
* Successful candidates will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; be a resourceful, business-minded professional with advanced project management skills and the ability to learn quickly.
* Excellent collaborator, partner and change agent.
* Conducts highly complex work, unsupervised and with extensive latitude for independent judgment.
Drug Screen and Background Check required
A-dec is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, A-dec will not discriminate against applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another. *VEVRAA Federal Contractor"