We are actively searching for a Human Resources Assistant to join our team at our Dixon, CA location! We are a national food distribution firm and due to some recent company growth we're looking to add a new team member to our existing HR/payroll division to assist with HR file setup/maintenance and payroll.
This person would be the first point of contact for our employees in our Dixon location (35-40 employees).
We are willing to consider candidates a bit junior in their career (minimum 2 years of relevant experience) but the more experience the better!
This position is contract to hire, onsite in Dixon and pays $20.00-$22.00/hr depending on experience but we may be able to be flexibile if a candidate has everything on our wishlist!
We are again partnering with Andrew Walsh at Accounting Principals to help us interview qualified candidates so if you're interested in learning more about potentially joining our team please reach out to him at with your resume (preferred) or apply directly here. Please see the responsibilites and requirements section below.
- Conducts or assists with new hire orientation.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- May assist with payroll functions including timecard audits and distributing checks.
- Processing employment/DOT verifications and EDD benefit audits.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, etc.
- Run weekly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
- Monitor HR fax and email.
- Order office supplies.
- 2-3 years of practical hands-on experience working in Human Resources is required.
- Strong phone, email and in-person communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize important projects.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite, experience in ADP Workforce a plus.
- Experience following tasks that have a predefined process.
- Excellent discretion and confidentiality skills
- Bilingual Spanish a huge plus.
Again, if this position sounds like one you'd like to explore further, please reach out to Andy with your resume right away at . Thanks for your con