Intern - Analytical Core Team/Research
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company's five core values. That's because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.Intern - Analytical Core Team/Research
As a Gilead intern you will contribute to high-impact meaningful projects that will not only further advance our company's mission but will allow you to gain real world experience at one of the most innovative organizations in the world. You will also have opportunities to participate in special events including professional development and leadership presentations, social/network building activities and local community volunteer programs.Key Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
A summer undergraduate research internship is available in the Department of Analytical Operations - Core Team of Gilead Sciences. The Undergraduate student should have 1-2 years of relevant lab experience in chemistry or biochemistry. The intern will assist with streamlining two-dimensional liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (2D-LC-MS) for targeted peak purity analysis of drug products.
- Work closely with a mentoring scientist to implement 2D-LC-MS-based approaches on impurity analysis of various drug substance and drug products
- Initially under supervision, operate a state-of-the-art Agilent 1290 Infinity 2D-LC-MS system and develop hands-on expertise for independent data acquisition and processing
- Analyze LC-MS data and improve data analysis workflow to support method development activities
- Participate in lab meetings and other collaborative activities
- Document and present the data internally at Gilead
- Showcase your work with a final poster board presentation near the conclusion of your internship
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.8
- Authorized to work in the United States without Sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time student in an undergraduate's program at an accredited US based university or college
- Must be enrolled full-time in the Fall Semester at an accredited university/college after the completion of the internship
- Must be able to complete a 10-12 consecutive week internship between May and August
- Must be able to relocate if necessary and work at the designated site for the duration of the internship
- Must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and first booster shot
Gilead Core Values:
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program majoring in chemistry or biochemistry.
- Completed laboratory courses in analytical chemistry and/or biochemistry.
- Understanding of HPLC and MS
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Ability to identify issues and seek solutions
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion and diversity in the workplace
- Efficient, organized, and able to handle short timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Apply online today at .
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.