Our headquarters in Sacramento contains the core functions that support our mission to deliver financial solutions with value, convenience and exceptional service to our members.
TITLE: Director - IT Infrastructure
DEPT: IT - Information Admin
JOB CODE: 11121
As Director, IT Infrastructure, you will use your broad and deep background IT Infrastructure to lead team of architects, sr. engineers, engineers, and administrators who maintain Golden 1's information technology environment. You will work closely with various leaders, analysts, engineers, and architects across various technology disciplines to provide a seamless and reliable operation of Golden 1's technology infrastructure and data centers that benefit both internal employees and credit union members. You will manage and oversee networking, telecommunications, servers, and storage, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. You will analyze present technologies in order to evaluate the feasibility of such technology for current and future growth. Proactively makes recommendations for technology improvements, as well as educates all levels of staff on system concepts, availability, and health as needed. Responsible for effective data and system recovery, incident response, and ongoing 24x7 multi-datacenter, hybrid-cloud environment.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee the 24x7 infrastructure and datacenter operations including data centers, networking, servers, storage telecommunications, testing and implementation, vendors, operating systems and hardware environments.
- Respond to the needs of the technology division seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day, and be prepared to oversee critical initiatives, ongoing maintenance, incident response, while driving enhancements to the environment through continuous improvement.
- Maintain a current environment and introduce change with adequate testing and preparation to minimize impact to internal system users and members.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
- Represent the organization as a primary technical contact on IT infrastructure contracts and projects.
- Interact with senior personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between internal departments and external organizations.
- Maintain installation and configuration procedures. Develop and maintain system standards and work practice documents.
- Ensure daily operations monitors and response is performed, maintain and continual adjust licensing, performance, and capacity to ensure safe and compliant operations, confirm integrity and availability of all IT business services, systems and key processes, and current patch/software version levels.
- Ensure daily backup operations are in alignment with business needs, ensuring all required file systems and system data are protected in appropriate off-site and redundant locations.
- Foster a positive and engaging work environment for each team member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and growth, inspiring others through your words and actions, ensuring positive employee morale throughout Golden 1, and embracing our mission, vision and core values.
- Champion a cloud strategy and ensure a staff development plan is in place to support a hybrid infrastructure.
- Develop and manage project plans, technology strategies and goals.
- Develop business and technical case studies that explore detailed concepts, enhancements, resource utilization, and trends while recommending and overseeing appropriate action for maintenance and improvement.
- Ensure that effective capacity planning takes place across the technology delivery channels for both member or employee channels.
- Review, submit, recommend, and implement various requests for new or additional equipment or systems.
- Responsible for developing, managing, monitoring performance, policy compliance and reporting findings to leadership.
- Develop, review, modify, and implement standards and procedures for all facets of technology infrastructure.
- Maintain all operating budgets, including expense and capital expenditures related to technology infrastructure.
- Active contributor to meetings and projects both internal to the technology team as well as those assigned to throughout the business.
- Evaluate technology system and data center efficiencies and deficiencies and make recommendations and take actions where appropriate.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to manage the IT Infrastructure departments.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: Board, Supervisory Committee, CEO, Senior Management, and all levels of staff.
- EXTERNAL: Vendors and Suppliers.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems preferred or comparative experience. Master's Degree in related areas considered a plus.
- EXPERIENCE: At least 7 years of technology related experience is required. Five of these years must be in a management capacity in a medium to large Information Technology organization, within IT infrastructure or operational disciplines.
- Competencies: Business Knowledge, Communications, Member focus, Leadership Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Project Management, Strategic Outlook, Team Building.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of financial industry business practices.
- Experience with large, medium and small IT systems.
- Experience in complex distributed computing environments.
- Experience and knowledge of ITIL governance and practices.
- Experience of networking terminology, methods, and architecture.
- Experience with telephone switching equipment, terminology, and methods.
- Experience with operating systems including those utilized in client and server environments.
- Thorough familiarity with project management tools and methodologies.
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
- Moderate travel by car or public conveyance.
Possession of a valid California driver's license is required.
We appreciate your interest in joining the Golden 1 team! If you are selected to participate in the interview process we will contact you.