· Process reservation of funds from members for down payment assistance to income eligible households. Primary responsibilities are verifying income qualification of household through analytical review and ensuring member adherence to the Bank policy, procedures, and regulatory compliance.
· Process disbursement requests for down payment assistance ensuring member adherence to bank policy, procedures, and regulatory compliance.
· Provide technical assistance to members in program administration including use of DP Online, completion of forms, policy and procedures of the program, and compliance requirements.
· Participate in developing, implementing, assessing and improving DP automated systems, reports, forms, program guidelines and other internal systems for DP program implementation.
· Exercises knowledge of DP program guidelines, policy and procedures to participate in developing, implementing, assessing and improving DP automated systems, program guidelines, policy and procedures, and forms.
· Partners with Community Investment Staff and Information Technology partners on technology projects involving system changes and system testing.
· Complies with Bank policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations. Reports known or suspected violation of law, regulation, policy or procedure to appropriate levels of management. Participates in developing, implementing, assessing and improving effective internal controls. Reports known or suspected violation of internal controls to appropriate levels of management.
· Serve as back-up to CID phone and fax lines for Community Investment Specialist.
· Serve as back-up to the Community Investment Specialist in processing releases and recaptures of Retention Agreements.
· Assist in marketing of down payment program to members and sponsor organizations at member meetings or housing conferences, as needed.
· Must demonstrate ability to work in a team oriented environment with Community Investment Department staff and staff of other departments in the Bank to accomplish essential functions.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Associate Degree and /or 2+ years in a housing or finance related field.
· Real estate lending experience 2+ years, with a good understanding of single family loan processing and settlement and/or comparable experience with affordable housing loan or grant programs, including federally regulated programs.
· Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
· Strong problem solving skills.
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
· A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
Background with general computer software, including Excel, Word and Access
Administers AHP Down Payment/Set Aside products with principal responsibility the review and approval of reservations and disbursement requests per FHLB Des Moines policy and procedures, and ensuring compliance with FHFA regulation as it pertains to the Set-Aside program.