As one of the nation's top green builders, Allen Construction specializes in building high-end, new construction and remodeling projects throughout the Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, Ventura, and San Luis Obispo areas. We have won numerous project awards regionally and nationally, and we were named 2016 Company of the Year for employee-owned businesses in the Western States region. We are at the forefront of sustainable, quality building and are looking to expand our team with enthusiastic people who take pride in their craft.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled Lead Framer to work on projects throughout the Santa Barbara and Ventura Areas. Successful candidate will be a self-starter who is highly detailed oriented with a strong work ethic and dedicated to a high quality craftsmanship and client satisfaction.
Working closely with the other team members the Lead Framer will: Fabricate, construct and repair structural woodwork and wood products by following blueprints, drawing, and instructions, using carpentry tools and equipment on various residential and commercial construction projects. The Lead Framer will work with the Project Foremen to lead, mentor, and direct the job site framing carpentry crew and other trades as needed. May assist in other areas as needed.
Allen Construction offers competitive base salaries and a robust benefit package including but not limited to:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- And many other supplemental benefits
- 5+ years of experience in rough carpentry in residential construction, or completion of a 3-year Federally approved technical training program in carpentry, or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate with colleges effectively at all levels in the company and with clients
- Possess an understanding of residential and commercial construction practices
- Knowledge of related tools, finish techniques, equipment, and materials
- Able to work independently
- Strong organizational skills and understanding of sequence
- Ability to read and follow: blueprints, specks and basic knowledge of construction codes
- Able to see details at close range (within a few feet)
- Demonstrate experience and passion for client satisfaction
- Able to perform physically demanding work both in and outside in various weather conditions
- Able to lift 50+ lbs
- Have tools that are appropriate to perform required work
- Reliable transportation to travel between jobs with tools
- 7+ years progressive construction carpentry experience, preferably in upscale/luxury construction
- Ability to read blueprints and basic knowledge of construction codes
- Ability to communicate in a second language, preferably Spanish
- Knowledge/skills in other trades
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to stand, sit, squat, turn, bend, operate telephone, see, speak, hear, write, work with tools, work in environmental conditions including but not limited to: extreme heat, rain and wind, and lift up to 50 pounds.
Please note that due to the corona virus pandemic, our offices are currently closed to the public and we are not accepting in-person applications. Please complete the online application or to request an application to be mailed to you please contact HR at .
Allen Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in our workforce. For Los Angeles based positions: Allen Construction will consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistence with Article 9 Sec. 189.03(A) of the Los Angeles Municipal Code.