Lead Visual Designer- Email Channel
- Job Reference: 381760408-2
- Date Posted: 27 September 2021
- Recruiter: Coding Dojo
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Advert / Media / Entertainment
- Job Type: Permanent
Lead Visual Designer- Email Channel- Remote Part Time Contract
We are looking for an experienced Visual Designer to join our Marketing team with a strong portfolio in email template & asset design. As the lead designer for our email channel, you will have the opportunity to shape the voice of our student communications. This is a part-time role with opportunity to grow into a full-time position.
Applications without a link to a recent portfolio will not be considered.
ABOUT CODING DOJO
Coding Dojo is a global education technology company that offers a three-full-stack computer programming bootcamp, as well as courses on Data Science and other emerging technologies. The innovative curriculum and Learning Management System are designed to train students to become self-sufficient developers, regardless of their technical background. We also make it a mission to support underserved communities and increase diversity in the tech industry. This position is a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and make a positive impact in many people's lives. At Coding Dojo we pride ourselves on possessing a culture of execution that caters to wave makers rather than wave riders. If you're interested in joining a diverse and dynamic team who value speed, continuous improvement, measurement, focus, accountability, and always attacking the gap, you'll feel right at home at Coding Dojo.
* Create high-quality, compelling designs, elevating Coding Dojo's brand and customer experience.
* Work closely with content writers, email team leads, and product owners to convey the value of our programs
* Keep up with a fast-paced, high-volume creative pipeline (3-5 emails per day)
* Stay abreast of industry trends and tools, providing thought leadership to the team where needed
* Experience with animated gifs is a big plus
* Manage organization of campaign assets
Skills and Qualifications:
* 3-5 years of experience at an agency or in-house design team
* Expert understanding of fundamental visual design principles (typography, iconography, composition, color, layout, etc.)
* Deep knowledge of design principles and best practices for email marketing
* A clear understanding of email metrics (clickthru rate, bounce rate, etc)
* Expertise in Figma required; experience in Hubspot a plus
* Responsiveness on slack and timely delivery of assets is essential
* Portfolio of Email template design a plus