We are looking for an energetic, positive individual to join our team as an administrative assistant and tutor in a Lindamood-Bell Learning Center. Join us as we teach students of all ages to read and comprehend to their potential!
Duties will include answering the phones, processing information requests, collecting payments, and other projects/general office work as assigned. The successful candidate for this position will also receive training to work as a tutor (we call Clinician). This is not a work from home position. On-site attendance is a requirement for this position.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Answer phones, transfer calls, check voicemail, and process messages.
- Act as break monitor, overseeing students' breaks.
- Use various computer programs to process payments, manage expenses, build schedules, and edit timesheets.
- General office duties, including filing, watering plants, organizing bookshelves, and general office clean up.
- Work with Center leadership to ensure COVID-19 protocols, including surface disinfecting, are completed.
- Work with the IT Department to support technology needs at the Center.
- Work with Center leadership and HR to recruit and screen applicants using our applicant tracking system.
- Perform physical tasks including, but not limited to, bending, stretching, reaching, and stooping.
- Perform occasional errands outside of the office.
Tutor Position Details:
- These positions are full-time.
- Instruction is performed at a Lindamood-Bell® Learning Center. This is not a remote position.
- Paid training in the programs used by Lindamood-Bell is provided.
- Required hours during the paid training are generally 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday, for two weeks.
- Following the training, as a full-time employee, your hours will generally be 30 or more per week according to the instructional needs of the Learning Center.
- All necessary technical equipment and program materials will be provided.
Your vaccination status will be requested upon offer of employment. Those who are not fully vaccinated or do not wish to share their vaccine status will be required to undergo weekly COVID-19 testing. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered.
- Have a passion for helping others reach their potential.
- Implement positive-reinforcement strategies that maximize learning, in a cheerful and authentic manner.
- Possess excellent reading, spelling, and comprehension skills.
- Possess basic computer skills and the ability to type notes about student performance while leading engaging sessions.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Must at least have an Associate's degree or be actively pursuing a degree.
- Provide one-to-one and/or small group instruction, in-person or online, implementing specific lesson plans under the direction of Learning Center leadership.
- Facilitate the use of the curriculum provided for Lindamood-Bell Academy students.
- Interact positively and professionally with clients and staff to provide a safe and positive learning environment.
- Manage client records electronically using a computer.
Eligibility for insurance benefits, discounts, and additional perks varies with employment level and location and may be subject to additional terms and conditions.
- Paid time off - 8 paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick, and Closure Hours
- Optional group Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Optional Flexible Spending Account
- 100% employer-paid Disability and Life insurance policies
- Voluntary Life, Accident, and Critical Illness coverage for employees and/or dependents
- Employees who meet specific criteria may also be eligible for a 401(k)
- Company-wide discounts on many services and products including Lindamood-Bell® Instruction, Apple products, cell phones, and auto rental deals may be available.
For more information about us, we invite you to visit our website at LindamoodBell.com .
Lindamood-Bell follows local and state guidelines and infection control recommendations provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). This includes the use of health screenings, widely spaced work stations, physical barriers in instruction spaces, physical distancing, enhanced cleaning protocols, face coverings, and promoting hand hygiene.
Lindamood-Bell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes follows applicable requirements regarding applicants with criminal histories.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have reviewed the CA Job Applicant Privacy Notice:
Tutor, Tutoring, Tutors, Instructor, Educator, Teach, Teacher, Education, Training, Learning, Clinician