Our mission is to delight, engage, and inspire you through real-life storytelling.
Who are we?
We are a modern media company that engages a global audience of more than 300 million monthly viewers on all major digital, mobile, and streaming television platforms, streaming 600 million minutes watched per month. We create award-winning video content and original programming in the categories of Food, Travel, and Home & Design that we share with an engaged, passionate, and global community. Tastemade is built upon real data and an innovative approach to programming. We are changing the way the world watches, experiences, and engages with premium lifestyle content.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for passionate people who want to change the world through the art of storytelling. People that are driven to disrupt the status quo and not just looking for another job. We are seeking a Legal & Business Affairs Manager to join our growing team!
* Tell a great story. Develop original and untold stories that inspire, excite, and delight. Great storytelling has the power to not only entertain but to shape culture.
* Embrace our world. Be globally-minded-value inclusivity and diversity, respect the richness of all cultures, and appreciate those who are different from yourself.
* Be constantly curious. Ask questions. Find answers. Always look for opportunities to learn and experience something new.
* Create community through experience. Treat every moment as an opportunity to create meaningful experiences to share. Shared moments build community.
* Own the Outcome. Think and act like an owner. You are entrusted to do what is best for Tastemade and for our community.
What you'll be doing:
* Lead business affairs for the legal team and advise, support, and negotiate transactions for talent, production, programming, and sales teams
* Talent: lead manager and agent negotiations and review and revise talent agreements
* Production: studio and network negotiations; development and production agreements; intellectual property clearances and review; music licensing
* Programming: distribution and licensing agreements
* Sales: sponsored content agreements; media IOs; digital and traditional ad sales
* Support the legal team in other areas, including data privacy, compliance, labor, international operations, intellectual property, product & platform, governance, and dispute resolution
What you'll bring:
* Juris Doctorate degree and California or New York bar admissions in good standing
* At least 6-8 years of experience (preferably a mix of law firm and in-house experience)
* Meaningful experience in the digital media and entertainment space in legal & business affairs; broad in-house experience touching on varied areas beyond business affairs a plus
* Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across teams, think pragmatically, and be solution‐oriented
* Learner's mindset: strong intellectual curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside your area of expertise
* Stellar organizational and communication skills, analytical and risk-assessment capabilities, and acute judgment (business and legal)
* Ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight time frames in a fast‐paced environment
* Incredible drive and work ethic
* Team-oriented, startup mentality when it comes to attitude and ability to tackle all tasks, big or small, for the good of the team
* Hunger (literally and figuratively), humility, common sense, and good humor!
What Makes Us a Great Opportunity?
We prioritize an inclusive, People-first culture at Tastemade. From your first day, we strive to be a welcoming team that supports, nurtures and grows. We are also firm believers in "walking the talk" -- our employee-led workplace experience committees, DE&I groups, and wellness and philanthropic initiatives reflect much of our culture and build a sense of real community among our team. While working at Tastemade, you will collaborate with passionate, curious, and authentic peers, who are driven by our core values and equally enthusiastic about food, travel and home & design.
* Competitive salary
* Stock options
* Flexible vacation policy and paid company holidays
* Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life EAP, and 401K benefits
* Apple iMac, MacBook or equivalent hardware
* Monthly wellness stipend to support your physical and mental health
* Monthly electronics allowance to partially offset cell phone and internet costs
* One-time home office equipment stipend
* Professional development by way of a feedback-driven culture, regular performance check-ins, and in-house mentorship and support programs
* Collaborative, passionate, and fun colleagues!
Tastemade is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruiting and interview process. If you require any assistance or need accommodations, please reach out to us at