ABOUT JENNER & BLOCK
Jenner & Block () is a law firm with global reach, with more than 500 lawyers and offices in Chicago, London, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York and Washington, DC. The firm is known for its prominent and successful litigation practice and experience handling sophisticated and high-profile corporate transactions. Firm clients include Fortune 100 companies, large privately held corporations, financial services institutions, emerging companies and venture capital and private equity investors. The American Lawyer magazine has ranked Jenner & Block as the #1 pro bono firm in the United States 10 times, most recently in 2019. The firm has been ranked in the top 10 in this category every year since 1990.
Jenner & Block is seeking a highly motivated individual to support recruiting efforts in our Los Angeles and San Francisco offices. Under the direction of the Manager of Legal Recruiting and Talent Development, the Legal Recruiting & Talent Development Assistant will be responsible for supporting all aspects of Los Angeles and San Francisco associate recruiting including law student recruiting, lateral recruiting and the summer associate program as outlined below. This individual will also provide support to our talent development teams.
The role requires a highly organized, detail-oriented individual with strong client service orientation, as well as excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to take ownership of projects and see them through to their conclusion. This role is a non-exempt position, based in Los Angeles.
The work schedule for this position is 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. with additional hours as needed to meet operating and business needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating on-campus interview (OCI) logistics, hospitality suites, and interview dinners, OCI receptions and offer dinners, and coordinating student outreach activities
- Supporting the Los Angeles and San Francisco summer associate program, including orientation, activities, events and assignment tracking. Requires attending in-house and off-site program events
- Maintaining applicant tracking system and generating reports
- Fielding daily recruiting/legal personnel questions
- Assisting with all office events including creating name tags, receiving and reviewing event services quotes, and other event planning tasks, as well as working at events to handle day-of logistics
- Coordinating associate participation in firm and local office Continual Learning Education (CLE) and development programs.
- Performing other related duties as assigned
- A bachelor's degree is required or equivalent work experience
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Superior interpersonal, written and communication skills, and the ability to interface effectively, professionally, courteously and confidently with candidates, partners, headhunters and all levels of firm personnel and staff
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and planning skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with a team
- Highly motivated, proactive self-starter with strong initiative and leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet competing deadlines
- Attention to detail and sound business judgment
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage change effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to adjust schedule and work the hours necessary on occasion to meet operating and business needs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word); experience with ViDesktop/applicant tracking systems and ability to master new software programs
COVID-19 VACCINATION PROTOCOL
Jenner & Block LLP requires all US employees be documented as fully vaccinated. Exemption requests related to a medical or pregnancy contraindication, or a sincerely held religious belief, will be reviewed and considered dependent on the firm's ability to provide an accommodation without undue hardship. The firm will not allow negative COVID-19 test results in lieu of verification of full vaccination.
Jenner & Block LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment and employment decisions are not made on the basis of an individual's race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity and/or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions, arrest record, matriculation, personal appearance, political affiliation, marital, parental, veteran, military, or order of protection status, or any other protected status or that of their relatives, friends, or associates.