We are seeking a self-motivated and dynamic legal secretary to support attorneys within our corporate practice group. This role offers the opportunity to work from a remote location on days when in-person attendance is not required. This position is based in our San Francisco office.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works closely and effectively with the attorneys to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities and follows up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping attorneys updated.
- Conserves attorney time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; and preparing expense reports.
- Demonstrates superior independent judgment, as well as problem-solving, analytic and communication skills when addressing issues and selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Maintains attorney calendars by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, video conferences and travel; monitoring client deadlines; and is proactive at reminding attorneys of priorities and deliverables.
- Represents attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; and knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains client confidence by keeping client-attorney information confidential.
- Organizing and maintaining client-related records, both physically and electronically.
Required Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
- Ability to work at a fast pace and maintain flexibility regarding work assignments.
- Ability to work well with others, is collaborative, enjoys variety, and must thrive on the challenge of helping others to complete projects as a team.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Word, Adobe, iManage, redlining, and advanced word processing skills.
Hanson Bridgett offers a competitive salary and benefits. Salary depends on experience. If our values and vision match yours, we encourage you to email your resume and cover letter to .
Hanson Bridgett LLP seeks to ensure a positive and diverse work culture where each person may work and develop professionally to the best of their ability free of unlawful discrimination or prejudice. To this end, the firm is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits unlawful discrimination or prejudice of any kind based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran's status, mental or physical disability, or pregnancy.