Mid-sized education law firm with statewide practice representing school and community college districts seeks a legal secretary candidate with three or more years of legal secretarial experience.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepare documents including correspondence, memoranda and legal documents; compose and draft routine cover letters and shell documents
- Prepare and process court and administrative agency filings, as well as maintaining and reviewing corresponding Compulaw calendaring
- Proofread documents for content and clarity, and create redlines
- Prepare and process new client and matter forms. Coordinate with accounting to prepare fee agreements, engagement letters, and vendor invoices
- Provide heavy, executive-level administrative support in regards to maintaining accurate calendars for assigned attorneys, maintain client and administrative files
- Prepare expense reports and make travel arrangements
- Proofread and update presentation materials using tools such as PowerPoint, as well as create and work with PDF documents
- Detail-oriented, proactive, organized and possess excellent follow-through skills
- Able to work under pressure while managing multiple deadlines/priorities
- Accuracy, speed and professionalism
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Must be able to coordinate complex scheduling for multiple individuals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated understanding of correct grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and various legal software applications (including CompuLaw preferred); experience working with a document management system; and E-filing experience
- High school diploma or GED and 3+ years of legal secretarial experience required
- At least one year of litigation experience preferred
- Experience in education law a plus
Due to COVID-19, this position is temporarily remote.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.