The Assistant performs a wide variety of administrative tasks, which includes providing a high level of customer service and support, while consistently producing an excellent work product. The Assistant maintains a general knowledge of the Firm's practice areas/groups and a specialized knowledge of the assigned timekeepers' practice area(s) and clients in order to ensure extraordinary client satisfaction.
JOB DESCRIPTION LEGAL ASSITSANT:
- Following the Firm's established document processing methods and procedures, creates, edits, spell checks, and proofreads work product to ensure accuracy and completeness. Accurately transcribes from tapes, handwritten materials and/or dictation. Prepares a variety of forms and creates new documents using the Firm's best practice methods.
- Schedules and maintains timekeepers' calendars, where appropriate. Maintains lawyer-client contact information and other pertinent information in the Firm's client contact database program.
- Inputs, reviews, edits, and closes timekeepers' time entries bi-weekly through the Firm's web-based time entry program using Firm standards.
- Handles monthly client billing (paper and electronic billing). Review billing proformas for accuracy and completeness. Performs client, matter and timekeeper inquiries, and narrative edits.
- Prepares timekeepers' expense reports in a timely manner. Arranges for payment of vendor invoices or checks to be drawn and charged to appropriate client/matter numbers.
- Coordinates travel arrangements through in-house Travel Department.
- Opens new matters and generate client conflict checks. Coordinates with Records Department for file retrieval. Sets up and maintains timekeeper's work files, including daily and regular filing. Indexes and prepares files for off-site storage.
- Prepares annual and/or supplemental audit letter responses.
- Prints and organizes a variety of documents received in a range of formats, including emails, attachments and documents from CD ROM, and receives and prints faxes.
- As requested, answers telephones and accurately takes and relays messages. Arranges for video conferencing and sets up conference calls.
- Fully supports cluster as needed.
- Volunteers for overflow work.
- Actively seeks to maximize productivity and promote teamwork.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality of all Firm and client information, records and files, both within and outside of the Firm.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- 3 + years of litigation experience.
- Billing experience, including electronic billing, preferred.
- Law firm experience, including working with litigation partners, preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word (2010).
- 60 wpm typing speed, excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation, and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and good organizational and analytical skills.
- Flexible attitude and the ability to deal well with changing assignments and priorities.
- Flexible for overtime.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- College degree preferred.
**Hogan Lovells is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or protected Veteran status.
**HLUS requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive a legally required exemption from HLUS, as a condition of employment. HLUS will ask candidates to verify their vaccination status only after a conditional offer of employment is made. Applicants should not provide information about their vaccination status or need for exemption prior to receiving a conditional offer of employment from HLUS.