Local CDL Driver
- Job Reference: 462870094-2
- Date Posted: 2 January 2022
- Recruiter: Waste Connections
- Location: Nome, Alaska
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Transport & Logistics
- Job Type: Permanent
Alaska Waste, a Waste Connections company has an immediate opening for a Local Truck Driver at our Alaska Waste operation in Nome, AK. The position will require manually and mechanically collecting solid waste and transporting it to appropriate disposal sites. This is a labor-intensive position; daily work will involve heavy industrial lifting, lifting waist high, gripping with hands, moving at a brisk consistent pace, and constant bending. This position will also be responsible for safely, efficiently, and courteously serving customers.
This is a full time permanent position, 5 days per week (which may include Saturdays), 5am start time, overtime likely.
Starting pay will be $29/hour. We also offer great family benefits, 401k with a company match, paid vacation, etc.
Please apply online at .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ability to safely operate a garbage truck on specified routes to collect solid waste.
* Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
* Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
* Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
* Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
* Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
* Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts which require following basic safety precautions.
* The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement as a minimum.
* Clean driving record.
* Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Minimum 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)