Manager, Financial Systems. Job in Palo Alto WestCoast-Jobs
- Job Reference: 381637203-2
- Date Posted: 27 September 2021
- Recruiter: Hippo Insurance
- Location: Palo Alto, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type: Permanent
Manager, Financial Systems
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And as if that isn't enough, it's really just the beginning. Hippo's true ambition lies in helping prevent people from experiencing problems with their homes to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
About you: You're an experienced Information Technology leader with a background in growing a team from scratch. You are a hands-on technical leader, with a passion for tackling big problems head on
You have an extensive background in managing ERP solutions and related financial systems in a fast growing and complex environment. You take an agile approach to product management and development with an eye on automation and process improvement.
What You'll do:
* Own and drive the enterprise application landscape at Hippo and create a product roadmap for our ERP (NetSuite) and related financial systems.
* Gather requirements from business partners to inform our product roadmap and work with stakeholders to drive value while identifying opportunities for optimization.
* Lead a team of hands-on engineers, third-party specialists and system integrator partners to develop, test and roll out capabilities across the various systems, including integration with our cloud infrastructure and home-grown insurance systems.
* Consistently evaluate our current systems and partners to ensure that we are building a scalable enterprise platform that will grow with Hippo.
* Actively manage a high-performing team by recruiting excellent talent, developing and rewarding existing talent, managing efficiently, and demonstrating great leadership.
* Contribute to the development of the IT vision; translate the vision into short-/long-term goals and deliverables.
* 3+ years of experience in a leadership role having managed a team in a high growth environment with hands-on experience with financial systems.
* 8+ years of hands-on experience with a deep understanding of NetSuite
* Strong managerial and decision-making experience with a proven track record of building and leading successful IT tools and teams.
* Ability to drive initiatives across IT organizations and cross-functional teams while setting clear expectations, timelines, and direction.
* Effective communication ability to convey complex ideas in a simple manner and drive teams to resolutions during discussions.
Compensation and Perks
* Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts.
* Flexible Paid Time Off- Uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
* Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs and up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers.
* Hippo Habitat- Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain. We also offer commuter benefits including free parking pass. Stocked kitchen and BBQ Friday's for all!