Manager, IT Business Engagement Analyst
United States - California - Oceanside
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company's five core values. That's because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.This position is based in Oceanside, CA. Specific Responsibilities and Skills
The Manager IT Business Engagement Analyst, within the IT R&D PDM organization, will be a strategic technology partner to the Biologics Business Unit, working with business colleagues to align technology direction with business goals and help define relevant and effective solutions while maturing existing systems and services in order to drive business value. The Manager will be responsible for creating technology roadmaps, acting as a subject matter expert for technology-related processes and systems, and accountable for ensuring that solutions and services deliver expected business value. The role will be involved from the Biologics Business Unit needs assessment, ideation of IT solutions through to successful execution of these initiatives for the Americas region. Projects may include web-based solutions (SaaS), specialized Biologics applications, extending enterprise technologies, and supporting IT Operations and Solution Delivery teams to enhance business effectiveness. Critical to the role will be championing projects and working with business teams to prioritize across initiatives. Also, works with Biologics IT leadership in assisting in the management of the application portfolio of multiple capabilities. This role will be part of the R&D PDM IT team and will direct both internal and a significant contingent of managed and contracted services staff to drive business outcomes.
This individual establishes and maintains a strategic relationship with functional level stakeholders. Will work with the business on its strategic requirements and is responsible for the delivery and sustainment of the end to end customer experience. Participates in short and long-term business or IT strategic planning sessions, identifying opportunities, and making recommendations for the enablement of capabilities. Advises on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impacts on end-user, processes, and system priorities. Collaborates with business functional stakeholders and technical resources to cultivate technology solutions aligned with business and IT strategies.Essential Duties and Job Functions
General responsibilities for this position will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Focus on Biologics Process Development business capabilities
- Build relationships with Process Development leads and subject matter experts in upstream and downstream
- Analyze business context/needs (trends and business strategy) to derive detailed business case, cost plans, and user requirements.
- Lead business workshops with business leads and SMEs and generate outcome reporting to capture accurate and comprehensive description of business needs, requests, requirements and issues
- Actively communicates with Biologics process development, manufacturing operations, supply chain, Quality, manufacturing engineering, IT and other stakeholders, to ensure awareness of vision, roadmap, progress, risks, and results
- Work cross-functionally for the overall success of a global dynamic IT function to participate in projects from concept to deployment. Support the planning, development, design, testing and implementation of assigned projects, including scope, work breakdown, schedules, budget and delivery.
- Oversee the long-term planning and implementation of key technology solutions to support global pricing initiatives and contract compliance.
- Contribute to the global/regional planning of IT projects and support management of the IT portfolio
- Support Dev/Ops model within IT to provide agile delivery for Biologics Business Unit Teams
- Keeps Business and IT Leadership informed of important technology related changes in each of their respective areas
- Work with system integrators, system vendors, and project team members to advise them on key business objectives, initiatives and needs
- Support Delivery team to provide oversight and accountability over selected project delivery initiatives
- Collaborate with IT Support team(s) to provide oversight and coordination between IT and business on system bugs and issues
- Provide guidance, mentoring, assistance and development to colleagues on cross training for Biologics awareness and development of staff.
- Supports system and project feasibility studies to support capability enablement for Biologics teams.
- Collaborates with business unit leads to facilitate business process reengineering with the Biologics Business Unit community.
- Provide timely input to Delivery project initiatives to assure business benefits are met and potential bottlenecks or failures are identified and solved in due time
- Support resource planning to ensure resources, either internal from IT Department or external are clearly identified to meet business demands.
- Support solution deployment that meet business requirements in accordance with agreed plans, timelines and budgets.
- Ensure all requests are documented, screened, and scheduled according to designated priorities.
- Promote opportunities for applying technology to business problems; champion introduction of new technology or improvement of existing tools and solutions.
- Strategic mindset with a strong analytical foundation
- Ability to drive continuous improvement across the team
- Ability to operate in a cross-functional / matrix environment
- High level of personal integrity consistent with Gilead's core values
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Candidate will possess 6+ years of relevant experience and Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, BioChemistry sciences or computer science, MIS, CS and 8+ years of relevant experience
- Strong collaboration, stakeholder management and communication skills - including verbal, written, and negotiation
- Proven inspiring and influencing skills applicable to both customer and internal audiences, including senior leadership
- Good financial acumen, and experience managing financials for large and complex projects
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment undergoing a transformation, while maintaining a focus on operational excellence and detail orientation
- Laser focused and strong experience managing matrix and cross functional team.
- Strong communication, excellent research skills, and learning agility to understand internal business or IT process, best practices and translate into technology needs/opportunities
- Strong work ethic, a sense of business urgency, and the ability to work effectively with many deadlines in a complex matrix organization
- Proven track record of analytical ability, operational excellence, and detail orientation.
- Possesses strong leadership skills and ability to make critical decisions
- Ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems
- Strong senior management level verbal and written communications
- Experience in stakeholder management, dealing with senior management up to executive level
- Ability to work with dispersed and global teams and locations
- Excellent at interpersonal skills and relationship development
- Good understanding of GxP compliance and 21 CFR Part 11 requirements. . click apply for full job details