Managing Director Reports to:
VP of Scientific Staffing Location:
: Exempt SUMMARY:
Under general direction, this position is responsible and accountable for managing and directing operations with a given office to achieve ongoing revenue growth, profitability and productivity. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct Business Development Managers, Account Managers, Recruiters, and other staff as appropriate in a specific office.
- Responsible for new business development as well as servicing existing accounts
- Responsible for office staffing, training and career development of direct reports.
- Prioritize accounts and job orders and ensure tasks completed.
- Develop service and delivery plans in support of organizational strategies and objectives. Recommend improvement of strategies based on market research and competitor analyses. Oversee implementation of approved strategies and initiatives.
- Analyze operational and financial data; prepare forecasts and projections.
- Identify customer needs. Continuously be alert and responsive to changing customer business environment and needs. Communicate to account management team accordingly.
- Serves as the quality checkpoint associated with the service and delivery process.
- Provides ongoing performance feedback to each team member, both informally and through the formal performance evaluation process.
Yes, manages the activities of direct reports. KEY SUCCESS INDICATORS/ATTRIBUTES:
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to exceptional customer service and leadership among peers.
- Ability to grow business by identifying new opportunities and growing existing business.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to a team environment.
- Possesses exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains excellent interpersonal skills and exhibits confidence when interacting with others.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving, sound judgment, reasoning abilities and negotiation skills.
- Ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrates excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient at handling difficult situations with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to develop an independent viewpoint and present a compelling business case to support recommendations.
- Exhibits strong drive for results and success; conveys a sense of urgency to achieve outcomes and exceed expectations; persists despite obstacles, setbacks and competing influences.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key business partners by building personal credibility and solid trust.
- Ability to self-motivate and self-direct.
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- Minimum of five years of related sales experience within the staffing and ideally scientific industry
- Prior leadership experience ideal
- Possess existing relationships with customers/contacts within the scientific industry
Travel as needed, minimal
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Employees may perform other duties as required. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Information
While the position you're applying for may not be for a government role, Astrix is a governmental contractor and, as such, is required to collect certain information in its applicants. Astrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status. Completion of these fields will not affect your opportunity for employment or the terms or conditions of your employment.