Modus Advanced Inc. is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to oversee various aspects of the product realization process. Sound enticing? If so, we might not be a fit for you.
Let us tell you why we really need someone of the highest caliber to join our team! Our vision or "why" is to enhance lives by helping Partnership Accounts accelerate the process of designing and manufacturing tomorrow's innovations.
One day matters to our customers. We can really only work with high performers who're passionate about positioning themselves and our company as the obvious choice. To put it simply, we're trying to bring together the best of human and machine intelligence in a product realization platform designed to produce superior results. It's all about speed and precision and doing what you say you're going to do.
Are you ready to help make it happen for our customers?
PARTIAL LIST OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborate with a cross functional team to define, develop, design, implement, and document a manufacturing strategy for new and existing rubber and metal products.
• Produce detailed, carefully planned manufacturing work instructions.
• Design fixtures and tooling to help reduce cost of machine setup and reduce scrap parts.
• Review manufacturing yield, set-up, and cycle times to reduce scrap, reduce rework, identify waste in the value stream, and improve equipment and resource utilization and efficiency.
• Identify and implement improvements to existing production processes.
• Develop manufacturing cost and resource estimates.
• Work with suppliers to resolve manufacturing issues and reduce realized costs.
• Document non-conformance issues and coordinate solutions for identified discrepancies.
• Define work space layouts, support the procurement, and implantation of equipment, and conduct equipment/process capability studies.
• Lead pre-production planning meetings
• Job traveler oversight
• GD&T - ASME Y14.5-2009
• R&D knowledge and experience preferred
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
B.S. degree in manufacturing, mechanical, industrial, or similar engineering discipline.
• Proficient in SolidWorks and other CAD / CAM software
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products
• Must be a U.S. citizen as we do work for the Dept. of Defense
• Proven safety record
• Acute attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Working knowledge of data collection and performing data analysis
• A willingness to work in a fast pace environment
PREFERRED BACKGROUND OR SKILL SET:
• Metal Machining, form-in place dispensing, compression molding, die and CNC digital cutting experience
• Basic knowledge of ERP software
- Vacation / Sick
- 401K Plan
Take the assessment: