Reporting to the Vice President of Product Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for DFx (design for manufacturing) across all five product lines that are part of Silver Falls Capital (Omni CleanAir, Omnitec Design, Birdbuffer, CITC, and AgriAir). You will have a direct impact on solving problems that impact both internal teams and our customers. You will create process improvements and best practices to accelerate launches of new products. And last but not least, you will be responsible for understanding problems impacting our customers and resolving them through problem solving and root cause.
The successful candidate will bring a strong mindset of continuous improvement and quality. This is a high profile role, interacting across all functions and with customers. You will be able to have an immediate impact on both existing products and new product development.
- Investigate and drive to root cause quality issues raised by internal and external customers.
- Create and deploy Design for Manufacturing (DFx) methodologies to ensure both new and existing products will be built efficiently with high quality. This includes fixtures requiring mechanical design, electrical design, and software development.
- Define manufacturing processes and equipment requirements in our factory, including deployment of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Inspect and qualify components, subsystems, and design changes to ensure products maintain or improve quality.
- Responsible for the company's Quality Management System (QMS), including development, training, and integrating external standards.
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining regulatory and environmental certifications required for our products and factory.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering.
- 5+ years' experience in product design, manufacturing, new product introduction, and/or automation/fixture development.
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to root cause and identify solutions.
- Practical experience with quality tools such as run charts, histograms, and paretos.
- Creative and curious; ability and desire to learn.
- Strong communication skills, detail management, and attention to quality.
- Understanding of FMEA, CpK, DoE, and/or Gage R&R is a plus.
- Experience with Lean Transformation is a plus.
- U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder; authorized to work in the United States.