- Job Reference: 381669846-2
- Date Posted: 27 September 2021
- Recruiter: Quinn Group, Inc.
- Location: Salinas, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Trades & Services
- Job Type: Permanent
Upgrade your Career. Become a Quinn Technician!
You'll have an opportunity to work with some of the most advanced and powerful equipment on earth
* Total Rewards - Quinn offers competitive pay and benefits in addition to other rewards including profit sharing and training
* Career Advancement - Ongoing technical and managerial training means dealer technicians follow exciting and fulfilling career paths
* Advanced Training - Whether you're a skilled or entry level technician, Quinn can provide you with education and training to further your career.
* Pride in what you do - Your helping maintain and repair equipment that has an impact on your community
* Great team environment - Quinn Company is a collaborative business that functions best as a team.
Repair of Caterpillar and/or related equipment or components, following established procedures and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Perform repairs with limited or no departmental supervision with higher level of responsibility for repair
* Exemplary performer by providing proactive leadership role for the entire service department.
* Mentor and train technicians within the service department.
* Assume ownership of difficult customer issues while maintaining integrity with Quinn Company and Caterpillar
* Effectively interact with customers in a professional manner. Reassure customer of positive outcome with Caterpillar and Quinn company
* Effective interaction with other departments such as sales and parts
* Maintain positive behavior as a representative for Quinn Company and Caterpillar
* Possess tooling required by the service department.
* Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
* Disassemble and assemble machines/components. Recondition/repair as required.
* Work overtime as required by workload and customer need
* Select proper tooling for any standard job and demonstrate proficiency with Cat diagnostic tools.
* Perform diagnostics and organize appropriate repair procedures.
* Successfully complete appropriate training sessions as required.
* Demonstrate safe and proper application of hand, pneumatic and electric tools.
* Assist other technicians in repair tasks such as removal, installation and repair of components/machines.
* Perform tasks from verbal/written instructions and communicate effectively with supervisor and fellow employees.
* Follow directions as given; follow company policies and procedures
* Retain acquired knowledge; build competencies and share skills with other technicians.
* Be responsible for personal development and training requirements for growth
* Stay current with Cat product line. Utilize resources from Cat and Quinn Company.
* Demonstrate and promote Quinn Company core values of Relationships, Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, Quality and Service.
* Travel to other stores, customer sites, other dealer and Caterpillar facilities for work or training
* Work alternate shifts as required by workload.
* Work in the field as required by manager or supervisor
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One-year certificate or Associates degree from a community college or technical school; Minimum five plus year's of CAT dealer experience and ten year's heavy equipment industry experience or equivalent education and experience.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F /V /DV
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/DV Quinn Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, all applicable veteran status or disabled veteran status. Quinn Group, Inc. has established an Affirmative Action Plan to promote the employment and advancement of me