We are currently seeking a Medical Social Worker for our outpatient dialysis clinic located in Fairbanks, AK.
The key responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Responsible, through direct action for the overall psychosocial management and quality of patient care.
- Ability to provide psychosocial evaluation and counseling to patients and their families.
- The ability to complete records and maintain case record.
- Provides guidance for patients' services. These may include outpatient dialysis programs and self-care home programs delivered in the community.
- Serve as an integral member of the interdisciplinary team and in collaboration with the Physician and management team, will contribute to the plan of care, and document the plan, interventions and evaluation of outcomes in the interdisciplinary progress notes.
*Please note that this is not an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities of the position.
- Possession of a Master's Degree in Social Work. Master's from an accredited school of Social Work or its clinical Practice.
- Eligible for membership on the National Association of Social Workers.
- At least one-year experience in a medical setting preferred.
- Ability to provide psychosocial evaluations and counseling to ESRD patients and their families. The ability to complete and maintain records.
- At least one-year experience as a Medical Social Worker in a clinical setting, dialysis or other physically ill population experience preferred.
- Must be licensed in Alaska or willing and able to apply for and receive license in the State.
Skills needed for success:
- Leadership ability and organizational skills.
- Computer software knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to understand and implement government standards.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Frequent long periods of standing, bending, stooping, walking, sitting
- The ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to travel to and from clinics as needed
What we can offer:
- Competitive compensation plans.
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid-time off and a 401k Retirement Plan with a company match
- Excellent work/life balance schedules.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities available at every clinic.
- Opportunities for advancement
Liberty Administrative Services, LLC provides an inclusive and safe environment for all applicants and employees. Liberty Administrative Services, LLC treats all individuals equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex (gender identity, gender expression, transgender), sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, parenthood, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other impermissible factor according to applicable law.
For applicants in need of assistance or special accommodations for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email to to let us know the nature of your request.